#26 | Riyad Mahrez - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I always try to find the positives in a player wearing a City top.

Mahrez has loads of talent to be labelled a very good player. He likes to take on an opponent, and those kind of players are rare nowadays. He is also able to create something out of nothing.

However he can be a great player. He needs to be more creative when going at an opponent. He is to easy to read. Therefore it makes him look like he is not a team player.
What really bothers me is him hiding, and avoiding a physical battle. These battles are simply part of the game. He doesn’t have to be great at it, but avoiding it is another matter. He needs to man up.

This season Sterling and him are disappointing. We know how talented both are. They both have to live up more to their standards we know they are able of.

I think the bottom line is that playing Riyad gives every opposition a helping hand on how they want to defend against us. Talented, but Raz on the right and Foden or others on the left as we've seen opens far more up.

Just watching Jack Harrison against Brighton which is a good comparison as I thought Brighton were well organised and a lot better than their league position midweek. Harrison plays wide right so a timely look how he does versus FFS's performance. Brighton once again playing well but I am baffled why we didn't give Jack a chance. He seems much more direct and takes on the fullback more than Mahrez did. Also the pitch is really heavy yet his first touch is equally as good. His off the ball work is so much better as his movement ahead of the midfield.

Am I missing something? Bielsa is an equally demanding coach, so is he not good off the pitch something which Pep values highly? Value for money his £8m valuation at the time against the £60m we paid for Mahrez seems a no brainer and of course his wages will be vastly less. I've forgotten the figure we agreed to make it permanent but he's now played 100 games for Leeds so his injury record is as good as Mahrez.

I haven't followed Leeds so don't know how he does week in week out but for me as a comparison against the same opponent within the same week I know which player I'd rather have. Thoughts anyone...Yes and I know Leeds are losing but Harrison looks very bright.

Thoughts anyone...Yes and I know Leeds are losing but Harrison looks very bright.
As far as I know Leeds are obligated to buy Harrison at the end of this season and so in reality he is no longer a City player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.