#26 | Riyad Mahrez - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
That first touch on his goal was just sublime, of course we know he is just a flat track bully which is why he should start against Sheffield on Saturday.

You can dislike him and his cultish fans but you can't fault his performance tonight. Upfront he was very lively, put in a good shift surprisingly and his linkup play was nice and came up with a goal and an assist. Only gundogan and cancelo were better tonight. Need a run of performances like that.
Haters will be haters.

He played a part in a big win. His movement in the first half before he scored was really impressive. He's looked good this past year when we've been more fluid in attack, so hopefully tonight was the start of something.

I like him a lot more as one of a rotating front 4 than as a winger. At times today he was playing next to Rodri, and playing well there.

I mean, ultimately he was bound to score a goal like that eventually because he attempts it the majority of times he gets the ball. Does the fact that it went in tonight make up for the fact that it almost never does? For me, no. Still needs to go back to how he was playing last season, when it felt like assists were just as important to him as goals. In that mode he's one of the best wingers in the world.

sort of game where he can afford to be mostly anonymous (as he was) and pad his stats with a nice goal and assist at 3-0 when other players have won the game and the relegation fodder opposition are beaten.

No excuses now when Gundogan has shown him the level.

I'd be happy to see him gone,but to his credit he put in a decent shift last night and caused the West Brom defence plenty of problems.His decision making and persistence in shitting out of challenges frustrate,but his first touch is sublime.

I like him a lot more as one of a rotating front 4 than as a winger. At times today he was playing next to Rodri, and playing well there.
That's what I've been saying for years!

He's so one-note on the wings, but his interchangability as a false 9 with the two 8s utilizes his skillset alot more.

This team really looks good with a false 9.

Edit: I think you mean rotating front 3? (the 2 8s and false 9)

That's what I've been saying for years!

He's so one-note on the wings, but his interchangability as a false 9 with the two 8s utilizes his skillset alot more.

This team really looks good with a false 9.

Edit: I think you mean rotating front 3? (the 2 8s and false 9)
Might as well be a rotating 7 (wingers, false 9, 2 8s, and Cancelo).

He's actually a very clever off the ball mover I've noticed. We don't see it when he's glued out wide.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.