#26 | Riyad Mahrez - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
His stats are great but his commitment & work rate is so poor. I thought he was very lazy today but then he did make the cross which got us 3 points.
I'm thinking you should have gone to KDB's page first today and complain before running off here with that usual condescending tone on Mahrez.

The 1st 10 mins was arguably as good as we have seen from him in a City shirt. Then he reverted to type and just stopped taking Tierney on.

Was ok overall, but when you watch that 1st 10 mins and see what he is capable of, I can’t help think he is robbing us blind most weeks.

Not at all bad today,first touch mostly sublime,put defenders on the back foot,and even did some tracking back.

Not the player for me,but at least he contributed today.

The 1st 10 mins was arguably as good as we have seen from him in a City shirt. Then he reverted to type and just stopped taking Tierney on.

Was ok overall, but when you watch that 1st 10 mins and see what he is capable of, I can’t help think he is robbing us blind most weeks.

Can’t really disagree with that too much. I thought he tracked back a bit more today, than usual, though we still looked weaker down our right defensively.

I do wonder whether a player like Haaland in the box would encourage Mahrez to put balls in early like the ball in today? If he had a target in the middle, that we could rely on to latch onto crosses, Mahrez might become a massive asset.

He’s very frustrating right now for sure.

Shouldn’t be able to get away with playing for 10 minutes out of 90.
For those 10 minutes he was very good but for much of the other 80 he was FFS

I agree ,great start then got clattered by Granit Hacker and declared...

The thing is with Mahrez is that we know by now we're either going to get a game with loads of "FFS's" but then out of nothing a - "feck, that was class"

It's just the way he is. Is it enough ? Not really but you can't deny he's another dangerous player at Pep's disposal and for the most part he has used him wisely.

There's not many that can do what he did at neverton for the 2nd, or his outside of the foot backspin through ball to Kev (forgot who it was against) If I was an opposing fan, I'd be shitting it when he's one on one with a fullback around the box.

Can we do better ? Sure, but that's a debate for another time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.