#26 | Riyad Mahrez - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Putting himself about a lot more and far more content to be a team player.

He is rightly being praised for such.

Incredible yesterday but I don’t understand where this player has been all this time. The extra assertiveness, urgency & resulting threat in his game…all been missing in his three seasons here. He’s had good performances before but last night felt very different. Long may it continue, but it’s only been one game at this level. jury is very much still out but something seems to have clIcked, thankfully/finally.

Incredible yesterday but I don’t understand where this player has been all this time. The extra assertiveness, urgency & resulting threat in his game…all been missing in his three seasons here. He’s had good performances before but last night felt very different. Long may it continue, but it’s only been one game at this level. jury is very much still out but something seems to have clIcked, thankfully/finally.
Mahrez has been a contender for MOTM in his last 5 starts.

Every single player in our team is a top-quality player and Mahrez is no different. Each player may have losses of form and you may have a preference for another player but to give any of our own so much stick is out of order, in my opinion. Thankfully, we have one of the greatest managers the world has seen and he does not carry passengers: Mahrez is picked on merit, as are the others, generally speaking.

Hes been a MoTM contender at times in all his seasons here. But let’s not act like yesterday wasn’t a dramatic leap over even the past few games.
I agree yesterday was a stand out game for Mahrez. After a slow start Mahrez had a good last month to the 2018 season (I’m thinking of Spurs at home, Brighton away and the FA Cup Final) and he played well last season. He’s had a few shockers this season including Cheltenham but he has more good games than bad IMHO.

Great performance last night and his work rate over 90 minutes was probably the best I can recall.

Please Sir, can I have some more?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.