#26 | Riyad Mahrez - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Harrison would do a great job,he doesn't have a price tag,let alone a 120m one....hes a team player,a grafter,and his attitude is proven.
Clearly the manager doesn't rate either Sancho or Harrison as quite easily he could have either or both in his squad. Instead he has Mahrez and appears to be stuck with him. Can't see many offers for him in the near future. I am not sure exactly why he was brought in for but it doesen't appear to have worked. Wasted out wide if he has anything to offer it would be in a more central role. Should be only used to give Kev a rest.

This may come across as a ridiculous criticism to the Mahrez fans, but I think the fact Mahrez chose to post this video and not the one of his fairly simple, clinical game winning goal sums him (and my problems with him) up perfectly.

Not only would he rather go back and beat the defenders again before shooting wide instead of getting his head up and cross to one of the wide open teammates - but he'd rather post this than the winning goal.

This may come across as a ridiculous criticism to the Mahrez fans, but I think the fact Mahrez chose to post this video and not the one of his fairly simple, clinical game winning goal sums him (and my problems with him) up perfectly.

Not only would he rather go back and beat the defenders again before shooting wide instead of getting his head up and cross to one of the wide open teammates - but he'd rather post this than the winning goal.

Yep sums him up perfectly.

Yep, its classic Mahrez. He's individualistic player and in our style of play that is far from ideal. No idea why we signed him, complete opposite of player we should be signing.

Terrible waste of resources as he exactly wasn't cheap in my opinion. Could have used some of that £60m to sign LB in 2018 summer window.

To be fair the keeper saved it

My favorite is the exasperated teammate at the far post at the end of the clip

bang on

can’t believe he gets away with it so much with Pep tbh

slows attacks down so much

h

Yep, its classic Mahrez. He's individualistic player and in our style of play that is far from ideal. No idea why we signed him, complete opposite of player we should be signing.

Terrible waste of resources as he exactly wasn't cheap in my opinion. Could have used some of that £60m to sign LB in 2018 summer window.
100% agree. The change in our style has revolved around having him in the team more. During the formidable spell he was not used as much and Pep publicly apologised for not starting him. From a team with breathless pace and power we are now one that keeps possession and our final pass to goal ratio has fallen off a cliff - Mahrez is, if not the entire reason, a big part of that - the clip illustrates this more than any words can. What is worse is we should have looked to move him on this year when his value is still decent and add those funds to the pot to try and sign a replacement for Sergio.

No chance Sterling or Aguero would pick out an assist from there tbf.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.