#26 | Riyad Mahrez - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Excellent team focused performance yesterday, there were times when he could have done with being more selfish if anything, but when the big individual moment came he never looked like missing.

Is he the go to penalty taker now?

Does this mean people can finally drop that missed penalty at Anfield off the top of their list of excuses to hate him?
Have to admit I had jitters about him stepping up for the pen. But he knew the task at hand and how big his goal would be, and he proper stepped up for it. It was a great pen.

Does this mean people can finally drop that missed penalty at Anfield off the top of their list of excuses to hate him?

I actually shouted the words "you're forgiven Mahrez you beauty" when he scored last night purely for that reason! The fact is that miss hurt a lot at the time but made no difference in our season and we've since won at Anfield so I harboured no grudge.

The excellent hook from Foden when the ball was nearly out of play deserved a goal and there aren't many players in the world that can do what Mahrez did and just run onto it and get such a pure touch and shot on goal.

I'd like to see him use those runs from Walker better still. The number of times Walker makes them and never gets the ball. I'd be fuming after that much effort! They have a great relationship, but Mahrez always cuts inside and uses it as a decoy. It would be nice to see him play Walker into the space occasionally. What Walker then did with the ball is another matter though!

I actually shouted the words "you're forgiven Mahrez you beauty" when he scored last night purely for that reason! The fact is that miss hurt a lot at the time but made no difference in our season and we've since won at Anfield so I harboured no grudge.

The excellent hook from Foden when the ball was nearly out of play deserved a goal and there aren't many players in the world that can do what Mahrez did and just run onto it and get such a pure touch and shot on goal.

I'd like to see him use those runs from Walker better still. The number of times Walker makes them and never gets the ball. I'd be fuming after that much effort! They have a great relationship, but Mahrez always cuts inside and uses it as a decoy. It would be nice to see him play Walker into the space occasionally. What Walker then did with the ball is another matter though!

They were about 3 times in the 2nd half where walker made a run but mahrez didn't pass, what I did notice though was walkers reaction didn't seem to be annoyed of not receiving the ball.

Maybe that was the plan for walker to make the runs to pull the back 4 a bit wider.

Yeah man his first touch is a thing of beauty an absolute joy to watch.
Totally agree about Walker. That run he made near the end last night - I’ve never seen a man run so fast after 85mins on the pitch !! - a 40 or 50 yd eyeballs out sprint and Mahrez delayed the pass til he was offside. And the brilliant thing about Kyle is he never has a tantrum about it and he keeps on doing it regardless - proper team player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.