#26 | Riyad Mahrez - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope he offers to pay John's fine tomorrow - totally at fault for them breaking away, just made no effort to get back. Mind you Banks was itching to send one of our players off - shite referee.
All of this post is complete bollocks. Mahrez was busting his arse to get back, as he always does even though people don't credit him for it, and the ref gave a yellow before effectively being told to change his mind to a red, which in today's game it was. Very similar to the Leeds red.

Mahrez was our best player last season behind KDB with some massive goals and he's been consistently one of our top players this season with big goals and assists again. Because he's silky, had a tough enough start at city and sometimes takes a shot instead of passing people are blinded to the big moments he has for the team and his work rate which is phenomenal at times.

Last edited:
All of this post is complete bollocks. Mahrez was busting his arse to get back, as he always does even though people don't credit him for it, and the ref gave a yellow before effectively being told to change his mind to a red, which in today's game it was. Very similar to the Leeds red.

Mahrez was our best player last season behind KDB with some massive goals and he's been consistently one of our top players this season with big goals and assists again. Because he's silky, had a tough enough start at city and sometimes takes a shot instead of passing people are blinded to the big moments he has for the team and his work rate which is phenomenal at times.

I've always found it strange when people claim he's lazy or doesn't put in a shift. Who gets anywhere near a Pep team with a subpar work rate?

Still can't properly take to him,he just seems to lack some that killer instinct - a brilliant talent but too casual for my liking.

I hope he offers to pay John's fine tomorrow - totally at fault for them breaking away, just made no effort to get back. Mind you Banks was itching to send one of our players off - shite referee.
Mahrez made no effort to get back? You must have watched another match.

He's been great recently so understand the enthusiasm. Looks fully integrated as part of the collective and fully deserves starting 11 place. But lots of recency bias in play here,,,

But massive and big goals last season and this season? I don't think so.

In 17 PL appearances against big 6 teams this season and last he has scored just 1 goal.
In 16 CL appearances this season and last up to the Dortmund game last week he has scored just 1 goal.

His conversion rate in those games has been appalling.

In the here and now he has been great and that is the only thing that matters currently and let's hope he maintains it...but he didn't get the (awful) FFS tag for nothing...

Mahrez made no effort to get back? You must have watched another match.
He's been consistently 8-9/10 for a while and has worked very hard in recent games - I suppose what I should have said was it was because he gifted possession because of his high risk ball across their backline trying to pick out Phil that led to them breaking. I bet if he looked back at the sequence today he would possibly make a tactical foul and take a booking but I know hindsight is always easy - His attempted pass was not so great that's all. In the end it didn't matter as we won but I just want him to keep up the standards he himself has set.

Mahrez has been great this season. One of the most improved players for me. I hear what people say about not grafting but he wasn’t bought for that however I have seen a huge improvement in his tracking back & helping out defence.

great season & deserves a trophy or 3 this year

He's been very good this season, just posted in the Bernardo thread that we're a lot better when those 2 are close together on the pitch. He's one of the first names on the team sheet at the moment.

One of his better games last night in terms of decision making as well, we know sometimes he shoots when he should pass and vice-versa but last night he made the right decisions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.