#26 | Riyad Mahrez - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
only got to watch the first half and the last 10 minutes. First half he got into good areas, I just wish he'd take it out of his feet and whip it in the top corner a bit more often. He played pretty well though, it would just be nice. Gundy, Bernie and Phil were all guilty of the same first half, one touch out of feet and just bend it in the corner. Be clinical with it. Also didn't want to get his ankles kicked with a couple of 50/50s a Bernie or Phil would have won but that's just FFS for you. Pretty good though.

I’m more than happy to admit when I’m wrong, Mahrez has been very good since January. His style of play when he’s on this form helps us break down teams so much

He's been great recently so understand the enthusiasm. Looks fully integrated as part of the collective and fully deserves starting 11 place. But lots of recency bias in play here,,,

But massive and big goals last season and this season? I don't think so.

In 17 PL appearances against big 6 teams this season and last he has scored just 1 goal.
In 16 CL appearances this season and last up to the Dortmund game last week he has scored just 1 goal.

His conversion rate in those games has been appalling.

In the here and now he has been great and that is the only thing that matters currently and let's hope he maintains it...but he didn't get the (awful) FFS tag for nothing...
Last year, winner against Chelsea, massive goal Vs Leicester as well as the assist away from home, destroyed arsenal as well as big contributions home and away Vs Everton. Goal Vs the rags at OT in the league cup semi. 50 games and either scored or assisted 30 goals. Not to mentioned build up play that doesn't go on the stats.

This season he has been immense. Work rate has been terrific. Huge goal Vs Dortmund plus assist in the home leg. West ham which was a horrible game, assist. Everton, cracking goal which was very important... 18 direct goal contributions in 42 games (including games he was only on the pitch for a few minutes). Again, not counting his build up play that doesn't get mentioned in statistics.

If 48 direct goal contributions in 92 games (including sub appearances) is "here and there" then you must be some player!

In the last 2 seasons he's been terrific imo. His first 18 months he wasn't.

The difference between this season and last season is huge.

Feels like a proper team player now, and making the right choices in the final third.

Playing some of his best football

If he played for a different club we'd be begging the board to sign him

Underrated, among the best wingers in world football

He was arguably our 2nd best player last season after Kev.
He had that element of greediness that dampened it for me.

Much better this season imo, but I see what you mean, maybe go back 2 seasons to see the bigger difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.