#26 | Riyad Mahrez - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Frustrating at times but can be the difference in tight games. That pass to Aguero was perfectly weighted so he could let it run across his body

He is never going to defend but he did ok going forward today I though and a big threat first half. Still not our type of player and I’ve never been convinced but he was solid enough today

He's obviously a good player, and he'll continue to contribute goals and assists. But it's just hard to shake the feeling that he doesn't really fit the team style/ethic - doesn't work as hard in the press or defensively, and seems more self-orientated in his playstyle rather than getting others involved.

I actually think it is an asset to have a player like that who's willing to have a dribble or take a pop from distance, but more so when plan A isn't working - if he doesn't even try to join in with plan A it makes him stand out for the wrong reasons.

Think he'd be a great alternative option from the bench when we can't break teams down, but that's not exactly a role he'd be keen to have I imagine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.