#26 | Riyad Mahrez - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Strange criticism today, other than questionable work ethic off the ball it’s totally undeserved. Was our most dangerous player today. Started the move for the goal and our right side seemed the best way forward, unlucky with his effort in the first few minutes, his effort that forced a decent save from Leno there was nothing wrong with, I saw a lot of people claim it was greedy of him but the shot was the best option and there was nobody to even pass to anyway. Few other wayward efforts when he had other options but nothing to go mental about. Things didn’t come off for him today but Carried more of a threat than any of our other forwards

Strange criticism today, other than questionable work ethic off the ball it’s totally undeserved. Was our most dangerous player today. Started the move for the goal and our right side seemed the best way forward, unlucky with his effort in the first few minutes, his effort that forced a decent save from Leno there was nothing wrong with, I saw a lot of people claim it was greedy of him but the shot was the best option and there was nobody to even pass to anyway. Few other wayward efforts when he had other options but nothing to go mental about. Things didn’t come off for him today but Carried more of a threat than any of our other forwards
Spot on

Because he is one of the chosen scapegoats. He was generally really effective today and undeserving of the criticism.

Last edited:
Strange criticism today, other than questionable work ethic off the ball it’s totally undeserved

That's a pretty big problem though. A big part of the reason him and Gundo get so much stick is because they are absolute passengers defensively.

I thought he was alright yesterday. Even when he did his usual routine of holding onto the ball for way too long and forcing low percentage chances for himself, there wasn't much of an alternative because Arsenal were congesting their own box.

what did he do this time ? I haven't watch the game. but his ratings are good overall.
i'll watch a replay later

A noticeable difference between Mahrez and Aguero/Sterling yesterday was that when the ball was played up to him, it invariably stuck. That superior first touch means he is less likely to give the ball away.

Yeah I’ve criticised him in the past but thought he worked hard and seems to always get into dangerous positions the frustration like it is with Sterling is what he does in the last 3rd.

A noticeable difference between Mahrez and Aguero/Sterling yesterday was that when the ball was played up to him, it invariably stuck. That superior first touch means he is less likely to give the ball away.
Better in this aspect than sterling - who by the way apart from the goal didn't have a good game.Mahrez is more two footed than sterling so when he comes inside he does not give the ball away and turns and make good passes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.