#26 | Riyad Mahrez - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
not sure why there would be any criticism for his performance, he's had covid, no pre season had one blind alley run into the box where perhaps he could and probably should of looked for a pass, early days of the season and will be important to us when fully fit

COVID hasn't fundamentally changed his game, so I don't see how that is a factor. If he had been stood on the halfway line struggling to breathe, I would say fair enough. What we saw last night was the exact same Mahrez we have been watching since he signed. As others have said, he isn't going to change his game at this point of his career and his game doesn't really fit the rest of the teams.

COVID hasn't fundamentally changed his game, so I don't see how that is a factor. If he had been stood on the halfway line struggling to breathe, I would say fair enough. What we saw last night was the exact same Mahrez we have been watching since he signed. As others have said, he isn't going to change his game at this point of his career and his game doesn't really fit the rest of the teams.
he certainly ain't going to be first choice with a full fit squad if we ever have one available which I doubt will happen especially this season, had many discussions about him back in the day when we used to go to football and we as a group hadn't particularly warmed to him performance wise, I tend to be on the side of give the benefit of the doubt or glass half full when it comes to players, him or jesus being the usual topic of conversation.. we will see

He had a poor first half as the rest of the team. He grew into the game in the second half, he created our wining goal opportunity. He tracked back when everybody else was knackered and saved us from a dangerous situation. He was pivotal in denying them the ball toward the end of the game. I couldn’t expect more from him, I hope he will keep it up.

He had a poor first half as the rest of the team. He grew into the game in the second half, he created our wining goal opportunity. He tracked back when everybody else was knackered and saved us from a dangerous situation. He was pivotal in denying them the ball toward the end of the game. I couldn’t expect more from him, I hope he will keep it up.

Wow, real fanboy!
How you come to some of your conclusions about him are amazing.
I assume when he leaves City you will leave here too?

Wow, real fanboy!
How you come to some of your conclusions about him are amazing.
I assume when he leaves City you will leave here too?
Who are you to judge my loyalty. I may be more loyal to the team than you. With regards to my opinions, I depicted his performance based on what I saw last night and criticized his performance in the first half, prove me wrong if you do not agree but do not judge me. It is not my problem if your reaction is clouded by your possible biased agenda against him or your ignorance of football. You need to sort yourself out if you are engulfed by hatered toward a disciplined and committed player. Sorry mate, there is nothing I can do for you but to advise you to not be a laughing stock in the eyes of other team fans who cry out for a world-class player like him, a proven premier league baller and a game changer.

Who are you to judge my loyalty. I may be more loyal to the team than you. With regards to my opinions, I depicted his performance based on what I saw last night and criticized his performance in the first half, prove me wrong if you do not agree but do not judge me. It is not my problem if your reaction is clouded by your possible biased agenda against him or your ignorance of football. You need to sort yourself out if you are engulfed by hatered toward a disciplined and committed player. Sorry mate, there is nothing I can do for you but to advise you to not be a laughing stock in the eyes of other team fans who cry out for a world-class player like him, a proven premier league baller and a game changer.

Great post, mate.
I like your balanced view about a player you obviously like. All these black-or-white "opinions" on players are so incredibly exhausting.

I also see Riyad's strenghths and surely he can't be at 100% right now.
He IS a great baller, he has a stunning left foot when coming into dangerous positions. He also never is injured what could turn into gold during this weird covid season.

I just would like to give him a little helping kick up his arse now and then because I KNOW what he is technically able to.

He just needs to put in a bit more, that would be it.

not sure why there would be any criticism for his performance, he's had covid, no pre season had one blind alley run into the box where perhaps he could and probably should of looked for a pass, early days of the season and will be important to us when fully fit

Someone has to be shit, and in this game the choices were fewer.
Can't really call out the kids(yet). Usual suspects, Gundoghan or Jesus were not playing. Torres is new, so gets a pass.
Therefore the responsibility to be shit, mandatory for some fans fell on the shoulders of Mahrez.
I didn't think he was bad. I thought pep played him in an unusual role, which negated space and options for him and Torres.
But hey ho, some fans like a MOTM and a stinker of the day. Mahrez fitted the bill, Jesus will be back Sunday.

Very fair article on Mahrez.

Could do with a bit of love from city fans!

FFS MAHREZ

He has been a good buy but I thought the Bournemouth game was one of his worst, especially the attempts at shooting when it was clear there was no way through. Thanks to @Kadour75 for pointing out some of the good things he did in the game; it's easy to miss them when you are blinkered by the poor things he did.

Great goal, but I think he's just retweeted something about Ben Yedder (Monaco and France striker) during halftime.

Why the fuck is he on twitter at half time?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.