#26 | Riyad Mahrez - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Having watched all of mahrez's games since his championship games for Leicester, I can tell you, without a doubt, the current Mahrez has nothing to do with the Mahrez of old.
He used to skip past players like they didn't even exist almost as if he glided on the pitch. He is now a shadow of his former self. I believe the culprit to be the evergoing changes Pep makes to his XI. Mahrez is playing with the fear of making a stupid mistake by failing a dribble or wasting a pass because he knows how easy it is for Pep to remove him from the future lineups. This doesnt go well with a player like Mahrez that needs confidence and reassurance he can take some creative liberties to make things happen on the pitch.
Under Pep, you can't be very creative as you need to stick to his rules or else you are out. For Mahrez that is stick to the sideline and cross it in or pass it back.

Mahrez is all about flair and making plays that he only has the secret of. Sad to see my favorite player play like a souless ghost.

Having watched all of mahrez's games since his championship games for Leicester, I can tell you, without a doubt, the current Mahrez has nothing to do with the Mahrez of old.
He used to skip past players like they didn't even exist almost as if he glided on the pitch. He is now a shadow of his former self. I believe the culprit to be the evergoing changes Pep makes to his XI. Mahrez is playing with the fear of making a stupid mistake by failing a dribble or wasting a pass because he knows how easy it is for Pep to remove him from the future lineups. This doesnt go well with a player like Mahrez that needs confidence and reassurance he can take some creative liberties to make things happen on the pitch.
Under Pep, you can't be very creative as you need to stick to his rules or else you are out. For Mahrez that is stick to the sideline and cross it in or pass it back.

Mahrez is all about flair and making plays that he only has the secret of. Sad to see my favorite player play like a souless ghost.

Nothing to do with Pep. If he converted more chances and set up his team mates to score I could maybe get on board that he does not do enough defensively. He is lazy and we as a pressing unit cannot carry this type of player. Nothing against him but when he is in the team we are weaker. Decent but never got to the next level.

Mahrez shld of nailed down a position in this team by now. Look how sterling adjusted and is now one of the first on the team sheet.

Gundo, mahrez, Mendy are not good enough. Moments of decent play especially gundo in the past but what they offer now is nowhere near the level we should be aspiring to get back to.

Apart from their tier 1 price tags (mahrez&mendy) they are squad players that should only play if others are injured.

Nothing to do with Pep. If he converted more chances and set up his team mates to score I could maybe get on board that he does not do enough defensively. He is lazy and we as a pressing unit cannot carry this type of player. Nothing against him but when he is in the team we are weaker. Decent but never got to the next level.

Mahrez shld of nailed down a position in this team by now. Look how sterling adjusted and is now one of the first on the team sheet.

Gundo, mahrez, Mendy are not good enough. Moments of decent play especially gundo in the past but what they offer now is nowhere near the level we should be aspiring to get back to.

Apart from their tier 1 price tags (mahrez&mendy) they are squad players that should only play if others are injured.
Mate his "location" tells you all need to know, no point getting into a discussion with him, it's clearly all down to that clown Pep.

I agree,so it's best if the player is transferred and the blinkered/deluded fan boys follow him.

MindlessScaredIslandwhistler-max-1mb.gif

He is now a shadow of his former self. I believe the culprit to be the evergoing changes Pep makes to his XI. Mahrez is playing with the fear of making a stupid mistake by failing a dribble or wasting a pass because he knows how easy it is for Pep to remove him from the future lineups. This doesnt go well with a player like Mahrez that needs confidence and reassurance

This is a Mahrez problem, not a Pep problem. If he thought he was going to stroll into Manchester and start every weekend despite being an incredibly selfish player then he's an idiot.

His style of play might work at weaker teams like Leicester and Algeria but we have better players than him and the rest of his current supporting cast are too good to ignore for the sake of doing a dozen twists and turns and then going for glory.

We don't need him and we never did. Great player, shit transfer.

Some of the dumbest shit ever written on this site.

Very frustrating today and I'm a Mahrez supporter... Made a great pass to Aguero to start the goal build-up but the guy looks like he's running in mud when tracking back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.