#26 | Riyad Mahrez - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
First players to 10+ goals and 10+ assists last season:

Messi
Sancho
KDB
Mahrez
See how stats can alter reality. Make you think he was as important to the team as Kev, now we all know that's not true.
There's a player in there that so far either through his own fault or peps hasn't produced the goods at City yet. Most likely it's the former but you couldn't rule out the later either. Pep likes to play players out of position, on the wrong side etc. Fuck knows why. Bernardo another one who has lost his form through constantly being played in positions that don't best suit him.

Sadly, I feel you are too set in your ways with him and would find something in every performance, no matter what he did or against who.
To be fair, a lot of people on here go OTT when they’re frustrated but most are willing to give credit where it’s due. Quite a few posted elsewhere that they were happy to eat humble pie.

It’s a typical forum. A few more performances like this from Mahrez (and Stones) and the place will smell of fkn roses!

Well not quite, but you know what I mean :)

See how stats can alter reality. Make you think he was as important to the team as Kev, now we all know that's not true.
There's a player in there that so far either through his own fault or peps hasn't produced the goods at City yet. Most likely it's the former but you couldn't rule out the later either. Pep likes to play players out of position, on the wrong side etc. Fuck knows why. Bernardo another one who has lost his form through constantly being played in positions that don't best suit him.
In fairness stats reflect reality, but there's definitely a level of subjective analysis to be done on top. I think Mahrez suffers from his body language at times and its easy to pick him out, whereas Sterling can have a less-impactful game and just generally look a bit busier and more active. Sort of the same problem Gundogan can suffer from.

His first touch is an absolute joy to watch and never does it get the credit it deserves. He has the best control of a football I have ever seen.

His first touch is an absolute joy to watch and never does it get the credit it deserves. He has the best control of a football I have ever seen.

He has terrific ability and only the most hardened " hater " on here would deny it.

The problem is his lack of application and greediness when the opposition is playing 10 men behind the ball.

Yesterday apart ( and who really expected Burnley to play with that formation ) he has been really poor and wasteful. He is also too predictable and never goes outside a defender always turning inside to where the pitch is the most crowded and tight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.