#26 | Riyad Mahrez - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's what I've been saying for years!

He's so one-note on the wings, but his interchangability as a false 9 with the two 8s utilizes his skillset alot more.

This team really looks good with a false 9.

Edit: I think you mean rotating front 3? (the 2 8s and false 9)

I would say Mahrez, Bernardo, Gundogan and Sterling were all rotating positions last night, and that's the role I like him in, it lets him spend time in central/attacking midfield where he's best.

I would say Mahrez, Bernardo, Gundogan and Sterling were all rotating positions last night, and that's the role I like him in, it lets him spend time in central/attacking midfield where he's best.

I agree. Cancelo has made us so much better by being such a pain in the arse to the opposition. Picking the ball up in little pockets of space and confusing the opposition. It leads to much more space for others and flexibility to push forwards on both wings.

If he is under pressure he weaves out of it. He can beat a man or play a quick 1-2 or he will shoot/put a ball into the box. His end product is getting better and better and his creativity from deep is allowing the front 4 you mention to do more damage in attacking areas.

Mahrez played well last night and also put in a full shift. He can be frustrating at times but his first touch is special. We will need all our squad in four competitions this season.

Mahrez played well last night and also put in a full shift. He can be frustrating at times but his first touch is special. We will need all our squad in four competitions this season.

Not having a striker should be beneficial for him. He can go into the middle and move out onto the right with the freedom he has in this system. He was even picking the ball up from the centre backs in a Rodri position.

Not having a striker should be beneficial for him. He can go into the middle and move out onto the right with the freedom he has in this system. He was even picking the ball up from the centre backs in a Rodri position.
He needs to do it against the bigger teams though. Mahrez is technically brilliant, arguably one of our most skilful players, but his decision-making is often not good enough. He needs to do it (if picked) against Liverpool and United. Let's hope he can next month.

FFS Mahrez played well last night, great goal. If we can get him and Sterling in top form we could be a force to be reckoned with. With or without a CF up top.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.