#26 | Riyad Mahrez - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where he was the worst player in the side and we scored 3 goals as soon as he came off and started playing with 11 men?

Not even the dumbest Mahrez fan would use the Anfield game in defence of him.
All I’m saying is Pep likes Mahrez in most big games. Rightly or wrongly.

Bernardo and Rodri 100% but Cancelo!? One of his worst performances of the season. Had one good shot, one piece of skill but gave the ball away a stupid number of times.

World class player Cancelo, but a sub-par performance tonight.
Probably slightly blinded by his forward runs, he always looks so dangerous! Great to watch.

Agreed with Rodri and Bernardo... top class.

Probably one of Mahrez best performances for us this season, hopefully it carries on as we will need him in the next 3 months!

Not for me, he makes a bad decision for every good one, and I expect this performance does nothing for Pep, who will sit him straight back on the bench for all the important games coming up.

He was literally ripping Everton apart before his goal and was a constant threat. I'm with you in that he doesn't do it enough it criticising him tonight when he's played as well as he has is just nonsense. I'll also guarantee he starts on Sunday and Jesus makes way.

He was literally ripping Everton apart before his goal and was a constant. I'm with you in that he doesn't do it enough it criticising him tonight when he's played as well as he has is just nonsense. I'll also guarantee he starts on Sunday and Jesus makes way.
Foden will make way he looked knackered tonight

All I’m saying is Pep likes Mahrez in most big games. Rightly or wrongly.

Since the big turnaround after West Brom, Pep's started him in 7 of the 17 games. West Brom, Cheltenham, Birmingham, Burnley, Liverpool (where we had injuries and he was awful) and tonight when he said he was rotating because the CL was coming up.

He wasn't even making the bench for quite a few games.

I don't think Pep likes Mahrez that much. With Aguero, KDB and Gundo back, I don't think he starts any game until Pep decides to rest the important players. Didn't start vs. Spurs, didn't start vs. Chelsea, didn't start in the 2 post covid CL knockouts last year or the Liverpool/United games post lockdown.

I think Foden fulfils the role Mahrez did in those games before, and he's better.

Credit where it’s due. Decent performance. At times did the ‘usual’ Mahrez things but he deserves praise as well.

Some people just don't want to give praise where its due because its mahrez.

All of our best play tonight came from the right and had him involved, all of it. He's accused of only scoring meaningless goals, well you can't say that tonight, we were struggling to create anything until he popped up with that stunner and once we took the lead, they came out, we found our swagger and the game was in the bag. whilst Bernardo and jesus were better overall tonight, he was the game changer.

Him cutting inside constantly is often thrown at him as criticism but I've no idea why because it almost always works. Mahrez's problem is his end product. once he's cut in, far too often it results in a flat cross that's got 3 defenders waiting to clear it before a city player has a sniff, that's something that needs to change but tonight he was great and what got us the 3 points

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.