#26 | Riyad Mahrez - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
So bizarre to see the usual faces acting like this is his first good run of form for us. Some on here would have you believe he's been utter shite from the moment he signed up until about three weeks ago. Posts about how he's "finally clicking" and "the penny's dropped". We see it all the time with Zinchenko, Jesus and Gundogan too.

Mahrez has had several good patches before, the problem is keeping it up.

I think it makes these people feel better. Find a reason to justify previous comments.
The average fan always need at least two players in a team to berate.

The best coach in the World continually picks a player for a reason. That some people haven't the sense to see that will not change any time soon.

So bizarre to see the usual faces acting like this is his first good run of form for us. Some on here would have you believe he's been utter shite from the moment he signed up until about three weeks ago. Posts about how he's "finally clicking" and "the penny's dropped". We see it all the time with Zinchenko, Jesus and Gundogan too.

Mahrez has had several good patches before, the problem is keeping it up.
Yeah, if you read his performance thread from early last season and late the season before that it reads a lot like this thread currently.

I just wish he had a better right foot, he'd be a complete player. If he could credibly go outside from time to time the uncertainty for defenders would open up so much more space.

I just wish he had a better right foot, he'd be a complete player. If he could credibly go outside from time to time the uncertainty for defenders would open up so much more space.
Get what you’re saying but that applies to most players. Mahrez isn’t like some wingers though where his right is just for standing on. He should go that way a little more often when one on one in the box as it’s basically a free way round a defender as they all panic about him getting inside on his left.

Mahrez’s new approach to games is a joy to watch. He chooses to pass and move rather than continuing to step over and shoot. On this form he deserves his place on the right. Maybe he is maturing into a more complete team player. This is the ffs we need.
agreed . he even tracked back. cynical me says he's trying to impress a new suitor . hope i'm wrong .

agreed . he even tracked back. cynical me says he's trying to impress a new suitor . hope i'm wrong .

We know the club is going to try to sign Messi.

We know Messi plays in Mahrez's only position.

So I would not be surprised at all if he's seen the writing on the wall and realised he's got to attract a big move - but he could also just be looking at Bernardo's incredible form, KDB coming back and realising that like in 18/19, Bernardo's probably going to end up playing RW a lot to fit both of them in the side, and unless Mahrez plays at his absolute best, he won't be starting the big games at the end of the season.

Competition raises everyone's level.

Think a big reason is also the fact that he has Bernardo (who himself was in and out for a long time) on that side. I think simply knows his options with Silva by his side instead of KDB/Sterling.

I don't see Messi taking Mahrez' spot tbh, Mahrez plays wide right for us and even though they are similar, I thinik Pep sees Messi in more central positions as he has been playing lately.

Most likely in the false 9 role, Mahrez has almost never played there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.