#26 | Riyad Mahrez - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
His work and lay up for Kev's screamer was just perfect.

I also would like to repeat that nowadays his work rate off the ball is much much better than it used to be. Some have to watch a bit closer... ;)

In Germany we use to say, if you take the shot you simply have to score, otherwise you should have made the pass...
So we end up calling him great when he scores and egoist if he doesn't.
The fate of a forward...

He surely isn't happy with his finishing today, but still had a good match IMO.

1st half great. Team player.
2nd half greedy. Back to being his frustrating self.

2nd half, his work rate off the ball was excellent.

Personally I get far more frustrated with poor decision making than I do poor finishing and I don’t think he was guilty of that. The difference with him is I expect him to score them more than others. I do think he’s unfairly held to higher expectations at times (and I’m guilty of that too). He’s been brilliant in all aspects recently though.

His control is so brilliant and now benefits from players making the effort to buzz around him. He and Bernardo, gundo, cancelo, Phil, and kev are like a pack of ghosts materializing and disappearing in new places. And because they’re all excellent on the ball they can retain possession and better wait for/create the moment of opponent weakness. Their quality and confidence gives them patience.

The kdb goal happens in part because mahrez takes a so-so floated ball and has the sense and skill to do an exquisite little turn away to recycle rather than a clunky attempt at a cross or whatever.

He is probably our most direct threat,while that doesnt always come off,along with some of his decision making being very annoying.....he does try to take a game by the scruff and he generally causes panic in defences with his trickery.
I think he's too old to change his approach now,so we will just have to accept with the brilliance comes frustration.

A load of shite posted about him even today. The only frustrating thing about him is the chip some City fans have about him. He is in brilliant form. His first touch is the best I have ever seen. Breathtaking. Defenders shit themselves. His work rate is now imense. He is the only player who shoots on sight. Hit or miss, Pep will like this because we need to sow uncertainty into the opposition.
His striking of the ball is crisp and clean.
I hope he stays and his haters can fck off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.