#26 | Riyad Mahrez - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Excellent team focused performance yesterday, there were times when he could have done with being more selfish if anything, but when the big individual moment came he never looked like missing.

Is he the go to penalty taker now?
I discussed with a mate as to why Kev didn’t step up as captain to take it.

We settled on that Pep said a while ago that the team would be working on penalties - we figured perhaps (knowing that it could go to ET and penalties) they’d spent concerted time practicing their spot kicks, and Mahrez may well have been on fire with them.

Can’t explain how happy I was to see that ball crash into the back of the net. I loved the passion in his celebration too - felt like the ghost of that Scouse penalty leaving him.

It was probably nothing of the sort but that’s how it felt watching from the living room floor.

Of you outfield players, our attacking 5 starting players are pretty set in stone, with Mahrez as one of them:

Foden---Gundogan---KdB---Bernie---Mahrez

That's Pep's go to in the big games.

The defense has a bit of freedom, don't know who Pep thinks is the absolute starting fullbacks between Zinny, Walker and Cancelo. Feels like any 2 of them can be picked and its alright.

I would have cheerfully sold him after that pigeon hearted performance down at Cheltenham, but he’s rolled up his sleeves (finally) and is now turning in team focussed performances rather than Riyad Mahrez focussed performances, chasing back, and even tackling, like a good ‘un. Great to see and a real asset for us

Of you outfield players, our attacking 5 starting players are pretty set in stone, with Mahrez as one of them:

Foden---Gundogan---KdB---Bernie---Mahrez

That's Pep's go to in the big games.

The defense has a bit of freedom, don't know who Pep thinks is the absolute starting fullbacks between Zinny, Walker and Cancelo. Feels like any 2 of them can be picked and its alright.
And we’re bothered about mbappe and neymar . PSG will be looking at that thinking the same as that is the best attacking line up in the world . That line up would win you a World Cup .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.