#26 | Riyad Mahrez - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
According to whoscored.com, Mahrez averages 0.8 tackles per game, which is the same as Foden, Gündy and Stones, and slightly more than Dias, Sterling, Laporte and Jesus (0.7)

Cancelo averages the most (2.6) and it’s not even close. Rodri (2), Fernandinho (1.5), De Bruyne (1.4) and Zinchenko (1.4) round out the top five

I think his new found attitude and application was summed up in the 88th minute, when Neymar stood still with the ball and Mahrez was marking the pass. Neymar flicked it over him and Mahrez made a full-stretch attempt to cut it out even though he was never reaching it.

Man possessed.

Like many others I can only hold my hands up as I thought he just didnt work for us, disappointingly. I don’t know why it finally clicked but he can be unplayable these days taking his man on and being so much more decisive than he was for so long. The talent was always clear to see but the application went up several levels. He deserves all the credit he is receiving.

Like many others I can only hold my hands up as I thought he just didnt work for us, disappointingly. I don’t know why it finally clicked but he can be unplayable these days taking his man on and being so much more decisive than he was for so long. The talent was always clear to see but the application went up several levels. He deserves all the credit he is receiving.

He really wants a Champions League winners medal doesn’t he? Like a man possessed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.