Riyad Mahrez (Imminent,no,really!)

Discussion in 'Transfer forum' started by BlueDejong, 19 Jul 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BlueAnorak

BlueAnorak

Too old and will cost too much and won't want to start on the bench.

2. City health warning

City health warning

As an alternative to Mahrez how about Nathan Redmond? Another player who Pep rates, is English and is still young enough to develop further.

3. ono

ono

I actually think he would be an immense signing. He's excellent. So good in one v one situations and can craft space through trickery as opposed to relying on pace. He would win us about 5 penalties a season given how close to the opposition box we play.

As for saying he's not a Pep type of player.....neither was Sterling or Sane particularly and neither was De Bruyne or Otamendi. Pep does make a lot more adjustments to his own style than people give him credit for. I genuinely believe we'd be looking at Hazard levels of quality if we signed Mahrez. Honestly rate him that highly. The only question would be getting him to buy into the off the ball side of the game but such is Pep's reputation, I think he could do so without any issues at all. I think the vast majority of players, particularly those who aren't already established as world class players reputationally would have no problem.

4. jay laruja

jay laruja

I'd have him if we didn't have Gundongan. He'd cost a bit for a back up of a back up.

5. Thenumber1blue

Thenumber1blue

Very good player but Sanchez on another planet, especially for consistency !

6. Domkeefe

Domkeefe

Completely different player to Gundogan. Not sure what you’re comparing them for?

7. jay laruja

jay laruja

Both excel in high-tempo games, have excellent vision and can't be arsed to defend.

8. Roachy

Roachy

He'd a mard arse who'll be pulling his face next season.

9. ojeme

ojeme

Good post and well said but I have doubts that we would have space for him in the team.

10. Dax777

Dax777

I can see him moving inside and taking Coutihno's spot

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.