Riyad Mahrez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems stupid for these clubs to continually stop players from leaving when they want out. Especially as I am sure they promise them they can leave.

Its not at all guaranteed City will go back in for him in the summer and his price can't really go that much higher than it is now while he is there.

I think the season is going so well that the only thing that can stop us, is ourselves...we have a wonderful chance to go all the way on 4 fronts and whether we like it or not our squad depth upfront is well below what it needs to be. I Dont blame the team for missing on Sanchez or Mahrez but its clear we desperate....yes, desperate for more options upfront, as Pep mentions the lack of depth at almost every presser..... but because we left it so late, we had no time for Plan C. A club like ourselves that plans ahead and scouts months in advance, should not have left this until the last minute without giving ourselves a chance to fill this gap. We now in a position where every time a player goes down, we holding our breath. A club our size, with the support, structure and backing of the owners should not allow ourselves to be in this position, in my opinion! For me it comes down to time and just like the summer, we left it very late, too late to do anything and thats the only mistake I feel we've made.
Bang on the money mate..

Got to feel for Mahrez a chance to play for this city team and your club who you have been loyal to shaft you big time.

He’s gonna down tools for them now and I doubt they will get £60m in the summer.
Can’t see us going back either.

I think the season is going so well that the only thing that can stop us, is ourselves...we have a wonderful chance to go all the way on 4 fronts and whether we like it or not our squad depth upfront is well below what it needs to be. I Dont blame the team for missing on Sanchez or Mahrez but its clear we desperate....yes, desperate for more options upfront, as Pep mentions the lack of depth at almost every presser..... but because we left it so late, we had no time for Plan C. A club like ourselves that plans ahead and scouts months in advance, should not have left this until the last minute without giving ourselves a chance to fill this gap. We now in a position where every time a player goes down, we holding our breath. A club our size, with the support, structure and backing of the owners should not allow ourselves to be in this position, in my opinion! For me it comes down to time and just like the summer, we left it very late, too late to do anything and thats the only mistake I feel we've made.

If various reports are to be believed, we showed our interest in Mahrez straight after us walking away from Sanchez- I’m personally not too bothered, but it’s odd we couldn’t have sorted it one way or another, if that was the case, before deadline day..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.