Road accident on Kingsway

At second glance, this is an odd one, no skid marks, lamp-post still standing, front bumper although detached is undamaged, almost sure it was a side impact, then on a ruler-straight road? No other vehicle mentioned? No mention of a pursuit or pedestrian involvement. Need a bit more info before we pass verdict, surely
Have another look at the picture. There is clear damage to bonnet on the front offside corner. The way the bonnet has distorted suggests that's the point of collision with the lamp-post. The bulk of the damage is to the car as modern cars are designed to absorb most of the impact to protect pedestrians and cyclists etc.

The bluemoon police in full force, because of his age he’s automatically a boy racer who was texting whilst driving. Case closed, next

I’m not normally given to habitual calls to increase prison sentences, but the statutory two year limit for dangerous driving is woefully inadequate, given it's almost certainly responsible for far more deaths of innocent people than firearms. Death by dangerous driving trials are truly horrible affairs.

Not jumping to any conclusions about what’s happened here, however. I know that stretch of road very well and suffered an accident myself along it (going the opposite direction) around 28 years ago when someone pulled out in front of me in an XJS. Went head first into his wing. Fair play to the guy, he admitted liability there and then and was more shook up than me and my mate.

Have another look at the picture. There is clear damage to bonnet on the front offside corner. The way the bonnet has distorted suggests that's the point of collision with the lamp-post. The bulk of the damage is to the car as modern cars are designed to absorb most of the impact to protect pedestrians and cyclists etc.

clearly the impact was on the front offside wheel as it is embedded in the bulk-head ,my bad

I have no idea if this happened in this instance, but for me this is one of society's biggest problems at the moment. The amount of people I see driving with their heads in their eyes looking down at their phones is terrible. Something needs to happen. Under cover surveillance operators with on the spot fines is a must.

The ultimate aim is hopefully speeding and using a mobile at the wheel becomes as socially unacceptable as drink driving. Mobile at the wheel seems to be moving in that direction at a quicker rate

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.