Road rage

Question. Why does everybody in Canada speed within the national parks? Being in someone else's country, and in a rented vehicle to boot, I scrupulously respected the speed limit and was several times honked for it? It's weird, because by and large I find Canadians mild folk when they're not behind the wheel.
They do have a lotta miles to cover tbf

Cyclists, especially those who ride two abreast or about two metres out from the curb.

Really hesitant drivers; not necessarily slow speed but those that dither at roundabouts/junctions or when parking.

Oh and fucking caravanists! Should be bloody illegal towing a giant box around blocking everyone's view and bouncing around like it's about to tip over if it goes over a pothole.

They do have a lotta miles to cover tbf

Tell me about it. It just goes on and on and on. But what I'm talking about didn't happen on the roads in general (and I've driven in Alberta and B.C., as well as Ontario and Quebec, long distances). It specifically and only happened in Jasper. The speed limit is kind of low in the parks, and I think people just add 10 m.p.h. onto it as a matter of course.
I hate it, anywhere, when you're right at the speed limit, you're choosing not to exceed it, and someone gets right up your arse.

Question. Why does everybody in Canada speed within the national parks? Being in someone else's country, and in a rented vehicle to boot, I scrupulously respected the speed limit and was several times honked for it? It's weird, because by and large I find Canadians mild folk when they're not behind the wheel.

How many lanes was the road and which lane were you in?

Cunts, sorry, people that don’t say thanks. Drivers with full beam on. Drivers driving up your arse.

Cyclists. I don’t usually generalise but the VAST majority of cyclists are absolute wankers on the road, and either don’t have any common courtesy, purposefully cycle like wankers, or are absolutely Cuñts. Or all 3.

People who don't indicate, particularly at roundabouts. Double parking. People who don't thank you for giving way, or letting them into slow moving traffic from a side road. People who park in disabled spaces. People who are slow to switch to dipped beams at night time. People who drive around with their fog lights on, when there's no fog.

To cut a long whinge short, other road users.

Most of the above but people who ignore arrows in supermarket car parks get on my tits...I've had a few standoffs but, fuckers who drive in the middle of the road in residential areas who won't/don't move over slightly so both cars can get through...I find motioning with my arm a parting of the waves really annoys the fuckers.

Oh and people who drive really slowly past a lorry as they're scared then speed up.

People who drive on normal roads really slowly until it's dead straight then speed up.

Supermarket car parks are an absolute minefield for bumps and scrapes, and dickheads who forget to engage their brain and read the markings. Must admit though, I nearly caused a crash on one once, got out the car and threw a bit of a wobbler at the bloke who nearly rear ended me. I went back and it was indeed his right of way, the road markings hadn't been maintained, and had rubbed off so badly on the car park that I'd not seen them. I felt a right prick afterwards, bloke had gone before I could apologise.

I deliberately drive very slowly around supermarket car parks. Cars, people, trolleys, total minefield for a nasty bump.

People who don't indicate, particularly at roundabouts. Double parking. People who don't thank you for giving way, or letting them into slow moving traffic from a side road. People who park in disabled spaces. People who are slow to switch to dipped beams at night time. People who drive around with their fog lights on, when there's no fog.

To cut a long whinge short, other road users.
Ohhhhhh I forgot about double parking wankers.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.