Road rage

Embedded media from this media site is no longer available

Check that for a close call my god, the slowed down version even crazier.
What a tit. If he had drove into the side of me he's be dead. I almost did it myself years ago on my motorbike accidentally. No idea how I didn't die.

In Florida it appears that the middle lane is the slow lane. Every fucking lorry drives in it, with the inside lane empty in front of them, causing slow downs as folk have to wait for the outside line to be free to be able to overtake the lorry or cars overtake the lorries on the inside lane instead.
Does my head in. Move over you twats

The trouble in Florida is that the inside lane is used as a merge lane to joining traffic. So every junction, you end up having to allow traffic in. Here that works because we mostly accept people are just trying to join the motorway. We slow a little and flash them in.
In Florida, it's like Mad Max or Death Race 2000. There is no way on god's earth are you to allow anybody between you and the car in front.
You quickly learn that being polite and waiting for a merge gap to appear is just not going to happen. You have to forcibly push into a non existent gap.

Therefore i think most slow traffic plays it safe and sticks to the middle lane to avoid the hassle and potential road wars every few miles.

My two pet hates at the moment are people who indicate at lights to turn right only when the lights change.
You only pulled behind them in the belief they were going straight on. You are now stuck trying to change into the left lane to get around them.
I have started blasting my horn the second they put the right indicator on. I keep it on until they turn right or i can get past them and give them dogs abuse.

Second is when you are joining the motorway. I don't hang around, yet some dicks think it is clever to accelerate behind you and join the motorway cutting the white lines.
They then take up your space you need to join the inside lane.
It is amazing how many then feel you have somehow cut them up!
I never yield. I'm accelerating and indicating right. If they want to cause a crash it's up to them. They know they are being dicks but then proceed to flash or beep me.
I normally join, then brake test them.

I hate driving in the Peak District. There's a top road to Castleton which is 50mph (for a reason). I know the road well, it has plenty of blinds pots and a hairpin bend at the end which accommodates plenty of ripped cars over the year. There have also been fatalities on that road over the years. Weather can be awful up there especially in the rain and snow.

If I'm stuck behind somebody going slow then it is what it is. I'm not overtaking them due to blind spots so I will just go with the flow. What I can't stand is impatient tossers behind trying to overtake or going up my arse. I then start break testing them. Idiots don't realise that it makes no difference to the journey, you will still be stuck in the same traffic goinf down Winnats and through Castleton. Saw a boy racer near smash in to a head on vehicle over taking me only to be right behind him in the village later. Well worth the risk...

On a duel carriageway the other day both lanes busy but there was a large gap behind me. I see a car in the lay-by move off with his indicator on saying he wants to join the duel carriageway. I cant move over as the outside lane is jammed, knowing the big gap behind I 'guess' he is judging his speed to join behind me. No just pulls out in front of me forcing me to brake hard. Lucky no one was behind me as i was getting ready to brake just in case this knobhead pulled out.
Once it was safe I flashed my lights and peeped my horn ;).
At the roundabout a couple of hundreds after he pulled out to the right as I came along side to turn left, he started peeping his horn , I looked over and he was shouting all kinds of abuse along with hand signs.
I have no idea what I did wrong ! He pulled out into a 70mph duel carriageway forcing me to brake hard yet in his eye I guess he thought he had right of way.
This again tends to happen alot round here nowadays along with the left lane turning righters !.

I was thinking are all driving test across Europe the same ? Is it only Britain where you give way when joining from a lay-by , and in the rest of Europe you can use any lane on a roundabout. I would have thought the driving test across Europe would be to the same standard but I would guess it isnt.

Because something has gone seriously wrong with the standard of driving in the last 10 to 15 years it never use to be this bad.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.