Robbie Fowler Property Academy

We all live in a Robbie Fowler house.
Probably made a fortune with the property boom.
Fair play to him.

Is there any value in this anymore? Higher stamp duty, not as advantageous from a tax perspective and yields nowhere near as high as they were. Anything that needs work is usually snapped up by builders anyway.

I know a lot of people who got severely stung in the boom buying flats off plan when they hadn’t even visited the location.

Some crazy bloke I know bought an off plan flat in Bulgaria, paid a big deposit, for a letter saying it wasn’t going ahead and they offered him one in Romania instead! He accepted, paid them more money and as far as I know it still isn’t built!

Like any game, you get ups and downs. My landlord in Manchester had a few houses but nightmare tenants ensured rent unpaid, damage and thefts. I’d asked him for advice and he was quite open about it! If you don’t do it yourself then letting agents eat in to your profits.

A safer risk than others but a risk nevertheless!

Thinking of going next weekend, it's a free event. Anyone been, and was it insightful?

@worsleyweb might be well qualified to answer

https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/robb...-watford-heathrow-croydon-tickets-46186117922

Been to lots of them. Wouldn’t go to this myself. Just read up on the subject and get good tax advise. I did well on the back of buying at the right time and a rising market. From 1997 to 2007. Not as easy as it once was. Rising tax and stamp duty making it less of a yield. If your looking for a quick fast buck I would say no. If holding for a long term maybe. And tenants will be the biggest headache of your life.

Any advice for buying, please? There’s empty and chain free places in South Wales that have been on sale for six months. How much off do people think I can get? How many bids to make before walking? I’m a cash buyer and not sale dependent.

Your first bad tenant will teach you to put your brass elsewhere.
They are the ones who know the law to the letter and play the game perfectly. They can get up to two years tenancy for a few months rent. Getting them out even at the end of an assured shorthold tenancy if they decide to stay rent free cost a pile and take months. Then you finally get them out and find out they've punched through every stud wall, ripped the boiler off the wall and used the doors for firewood. But by then they've gone, and you are then fined for not getting the required paperwork to prove they were not illegal immigrants.

Tried it, got the tee shirt. Couldn't wait to get out.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.