Robert Lewandowski

Vienna_70

Team supported
Treble Winners 2022/23.
I think that, come January, we should go all-out to sign him, either during the Winter window, or on a free next Summer.

He scored a hat-trick tonight, could have had a couple more and his all-round play was superb.

He was wanted by Bayern, but BVB refused to do business with the German rags. Now he is apparently keen to play in England and where better place to ply his trade than Etihad Stadium?

Not sure City are in the market for more strikers. Us on the other hand...

Bluebee2 said:
Bayern done deal !
Something about his change in attitude in recent weeks makes me think that the deal maybe not be done.

I don't see why City would want him anyway. He is a world class striker, but around the same level as Aguero. Negredo has been very good for you, so don't see why you would want to replace him so soon especially when there are other areas you wish to strengthen.

I can see him going to Madrid if they decide to go for him over Suarez, but apart Chelsea he does not have many options.

He is a world class striker, but overrated these days in my opinion. No better than Rooney (as an out and out striker) or Aguero. Not as good as Suarez and RVP.

Bluebee2 said:
Bayern done deal !

Not so, according to his Wiki page.

<a class="postlink" href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Lewandowski" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Lewandowski</a>

As good as Edin has been for us I would not be too unhappy if we sold him and brought in Lewandowski in as his replacement .
I was not too impressed with ED's work rate/effort on Wednesday.Yes I know he scored and made one but overall not much movement from him considering this was a chance for him to stake a shout for a starting position.
imho, #justsaying

Doubt Lewandowski would be as effective for us as he has been for Dortmund he seems to suit the 4-2-3-1 formation perfectly. Don't see why you would want to leave a club like Dortmund anyway though apart from the money of course.

-- Fri Nov 01, 2013 11:33 pm --

supercrystal7 said:
Bluebee2 said:
Bayern done deal !
Something about his change in attitude in recent weeks makes me think that the deal maybe not be done.

I don't see why City would want him anyway. He is a world class striker, but around the same level as Aguero. Negredo has been very good for you, so don't see why you would want to replace him so soon especially when there are other areas you wish to strengthen.

I can see him going to Madrid if they decide to go for him over Suarez, but apart Chelsea he does not have many options.

He is a world class striker, but overrated these days in my opinion. No better than Rooney (as an out and out striker) or Aguero. Not as good as Suarez and RVP.
I wouldn't say he's much better than Dzeko tbh its all about systems and how certain players can fit in them. I doubt Aguero would be as effective for Dortmund as Lewandowski is and vice versa.

Dzeko to Dortmund though seems nailed on once Lewandowski leaves. Anyone got any odds for that?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.