Roberto Mancini - next Italy manager

Graeme Souness spoke of the time he played with Mancini at Sampdoria. "We'd won a corner, Mancini was bawling at me to play a quick one to him on the edge of the box as the clock was ticking down to full time. I lofted one straight into the keeper's arms and we lost. I walked into the dressing room and there was Mancini. Stripped to the waist. "You and me" he said, "let's sort out who's the boss. Mano a mano". I've never been afraid of anyone on or off the pitch. Except him. He had a desire that was unmatched by anyone I've ever met in the game."

Mancini was the absolute dog's bollocks. He took us from an under-performing, top ten side to cup winners in first full season, champions of the league 2nd full season. And he utterly demolished that **** over the road. He feared nobody and no thing. "Above me only Khaldoon" And that's how it fucking should be. And please, let's be spared all the bollocks that he was his own downfall in the transfer market. He named the players he knew we'd need to maintain top spot: De Rossi, RVP, Cavani. And we dished him up Jack fucking Rodwell.

Give Mancini the backing and players he deserved we'd have won 2/3/4 league titles. Not even up for debate. He looked the bollocks. He was the bollocks.

and that is why the club got rid of him the good old days of iron fist rule have gone the players are just soft mard arses
for me mancini is boss and always will be boss he told it like it was he had the right idea in the wrong decade the strong arm and the kick up the ass have gone it takes a strong manager to come to manchester city in the after match of the new owners and splashing the cash on so called superstars for publicity and putting the name back in the lime light and not on the field of play it was a shambles at training and players doing what they want and turn up when ever they like

mark hughes did not have a clue how to handle the players they was only here for the money and not the football the change had to happen and quick and for me the club got the right man and the best man to handle the players and it worked right from day one you could see he was taking no shit from anybody and even the tea lady was under orders mancini is special and the real fans know it how hard was it for him to come here with the media on his back players was not happy the superstars from brasil who like doing it there way was told to f**k off and many others was told to find other clubs and did not like it and went to the press

the best 3 season ever seen by the greatest longest serving fans without any hope in hell of winning silverware was given to us by the club and mancini he shown us the way to the stars and handed us the unthinkable first the FA cup after beating united in the semi final and then the premier league right from under the nose of fergie how sweet was that and i would say its what dreams are made of but nobody couldn't have dreamt that day up not only to win the premier league but to take it from fergie after he was on the pitch at sunderland with his players they had done it another title in the bag HOLD ON NEWS COMING IN

and that my son is why i was born a manchester city fan we are never happy winning the easy way we have also got give them over the road a right kick in the balls in doing so mancini please take a bow you should be in the hall of fame at manchester city your job was the hardest thing in the world of football and you also give fergie the bird and that alone would have been good enough in my book but you took the home the glory aswell

Someday I would love it if he manages us again, after a Pep successful spell of course.

He won me in his first season when he said we would work on our defending, and he actually did. We became a fortress. He won the title the next year but I always thought his first year was one of City's most important recent milestones because it shook off the typical City.

Probably wouldn't have stuck with football if it wasn't for balo and bobby manc. Started watching in 10/11 as a complete KFA. Love em both.

Just goes to show how much value there is in enigmatic/entertaining signings. If that doesn't sit well, sorry.

That's what happened whether you believe it or not. Fed up with KFA's saying we treated Mancini/Hart disgustingly.

No we didn't. They both (particularly Hart) got off very lightly considering what they did. Not taking away the huge contribution Mancini made to this club and I'll always credit and be grateful to him for that. But in the end he was quite prepared to screw us over for his own ends. As was Hart.

I don't know about the Hart thing but , on Mancini I was speaking to someone who works at city (on the cfa side) the other week and this person told me , quite openly, that Mancini was an absolute nightmare around the club. The players hated him, the staff hated him, he was volatile, and changed his mind constantly, and several players would have left that summer if he stayed.

Personally (and selfishly) I still love, cherish, and adore the man for what he did for us. He will never ever be forgotten and nor should he, but from the horses mouth almost the entire club despised him. Apparently the atmosphere was poisonous.

Such a shame. He could have stayed for years and been a true dynastic legend.

To the day I die he'll be my favourite manager no question but from someone who was there "the club would have destroyed itself if he stayed any longer"

Mancini was amazing for us. His style and gritty mindset drove us to the next level. I think his methods make him a 3 year manager. He'll be a huge part of our history but he won't manage us again.

Stabbed in the back? LOL. The fucker handed in his resignation on the day we were parading the PL trophy and held us to ransom over a new contract. We effectively had no manager that summer which is why our transfer business was so poor.

Let's not knock what he did for us football wise but he should have been told to sling his hook that summer.
Didnt know that..
So if true.. i can withdraw my 'stabbed in back 'comment.altho thtat was really aimed at the supposed player power that got him out
But if u know better (and even better..can prove it) i stand correc ted PB..

Should have been sacked after he delivered the title. Spent the summer pissing and whinging and flirting with Monaco rather than actually preparing us for a defense of our title. A legend yes, but he's not that great a manager IMO. Hence why he's been manager of Galatasaray and Zenit since he's left.
A fantastic manager.1_6 @the sty 1-5 @ Whl
First title in our life time
Liifting of the banner
Fa cup win.most city fans under 40 y.o had not been near a trophy..its easy to forget that and underplay the achievement...in hindsight
Made City difficult to beat after years of being eveyones cannon fodder...then turned us into,arguably ,the most attractive side in the league
A fantastic manager ,for us, and thats what counts.

bloody hell, some wanted martin o'neill and the chosen one to make us top 4 side.

If it was up to me, I'd name a car park after Bobby Manc. Put us back on the map domestically and continentally. Hughes laid a solid foundation and Bobby Manc built on that. Every home game felt exciting and even away games at tough places seemed winnable. Delightful football.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.