Roberto Mancini - next Italy manager

Discussion in 'General football forum' started by Tez Tosterone, 24 Jul 2016.

1. billfromthehill

billfromthehill

Mind your head in that dugout bobby

2. petrusha

petrusha

In the distant past with fellow sad City geeks
    A 0-0 draw tonoght

3. petrusha

petrusha

Coupled with a win for Lokomotiv means that the gap is 8 points with ten games left. L

4. Southern

Southern

He almost went to Celtic!

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sp...zenit-roberto-mancini-celtic-brendan-rodgers/

ROBERTO MANCINI will take his Zenit St Petersburg side to Parkhead in February – nearly a year after opening the door on managing Celtic...He said: “The Scottish fans are the best in the world, I love them.

“In one way it would be nice to see Celtic and Rangers in the Premier League, but I don’t think it will ever happen because it would also be the end of Scottish football.

“I want to add one thing. If Celtic were to build a team strong enough to regularly compete in the Champions League, I might decide to manage them one day.

5. halfcenturyup

halfcenturyup

Eight points you say? A mere trifle .....

6. petrusha

petrusha

Indeed. Definitely not unprecedented, as Mancini himself knows. There may be the odd poster who remembers that, too. ;)

7. petrusha

petrusha

Zenit's winter schedule. They're going on two training camps. In Dubai, they have friendlies on 22 January against Copenhagen, on 25 January against Slavia Prague and on 28 January against Guanzhou Evergrande. Then they go to Turkey, where they play Slovan Bratislava on 4 February, Red Star Belgrade on 7 February and Maribor on 10 February, five days before the away Europa League tie against Celtic.

They've also made their first signing of the winter, bringing in Tosno striker Anton Zabolotny. He started at CSKA but didn't really make it there and had a bit of a journeyman career in the lower leagues until his goals helped Tosno to promotion last season. He's impressed in the top flight this season and has made three appearances for the national side this season.

Finally, nothing to do with Zenit but a tweet showing you one of the oddities of football life in this crazy old country:

8. BJL_City

BJL_City

so it's going to be roasting at the World Cup this summer then, and people were worried about Qatar...

9. petrusha

petrusha

10. petrusha

petrusha

That kind of weather is the exception rather than the rule during summer in Moscow and even rarer in St Petersburg. I suppose it's more likely in some of the southern host cities, such as Sochi.