Roberto Mancini - next Italy manager

Congratulations to City from Roberto:

I thought two of those forced him out ?

That is what the Mancini haters said at the time anyway.

Class act for me and the man who delivered my fist bit of City success :)

I thought two of those forced him out ?

That is what the Mancini haters said at the time anyway.

Class act for me and the man who delivered my fist bit of City success :)
Which two I always forget these things?

Mancini outside Zenit's stadium this morning, in his shorts despite it being -12C.

They play fourth-bottom Amkar Perm tomorrow in the first league game after the winter break. Kick off is 4.30 pm local time. They should win, and they really have to if they're to stand any chance of making up 8 points on Lokomotiv over the last ten games of the season.

Didn't follow it but a pretty lame result - a goalless draw in which Zenit ended with nine men. The sendings off came on 67 and 95 mins. Not at all what they needed.

Mancini putting a brave face on things:

However, he's had some stick in the Russian press. One leading football journalist agreed that the ref was dire (Mancini unsurprisingly went big on this hypothesis in his post-match press conference), but said that didn't explain why Zenit created only one clear-cut opening all afternoon when they knew full well beforehand how Amkar would approach the match.

There's a big Moscow derby between Lokomotiv and Spartak later on Sunday, and if Loko claim the points, Zenit will be ten off top spot with nine games to play. More worryingly, they've now slipped to fourth spot in the table, a point behind Krasnodar and behind CSKA by virtue of the Muscovites having won more matches (the first tie-breaker in Russia when teams are level on points). Only two qualify for the CL and being in that tournament is very much a big deal for the suits at Zenit.

Mancini putting a brave face on things:

However, he's had some stick in the Russian press. One leading football journalist agreed that the ref was dire (Mancini unsurprisingly went big on this hypothesis in his post-match press conference), but said that didn't explain why Zenit created only one clear-cut opening all afternoon when they knew full well beforehand how Amkar would approach the match.

There's a big Moscow derby between Lokomotiv and Spartak later on Sunday, and if Loko claim the points, Zenit will be ten off top spot with nine games to play. More worryingly, they've now slipped to fourth spot in the table, a point behind Krasnodar and behind CSKA by virtue of the Muscovites having won more matches (the first tie-breaker in Russia when teams are level on points). Only two qualify for the CL and being in that tournament is very much a big deal for the suits at Zenit.

Ten points behind with nine to play?

That’s nothing for Bobby Manc.

Eight points in four. Now that’s making up a gap.

The gap remains 8 points after Lokomotiv and Spartak fought out a 0-0 draw on Sunday.

Meanwhile, Zenit are trying to get a replay of their game from Saturday against Amkar. The ref showed an Amkar player a second yellow card in the 94th minute when, after committing a foul, the player in question was off the field receiving treatment, but did a Graham Poll and failed to show the red. The request will be considered by a league commission on Wednesday morning but it would be crazy if they get their wish.

Anyway, RB Leipzig away in the Europa League on Thursday evening. Rostov away in the league on Sunday.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.