Robin Gosens

He plays wide often for Atalanta, but having watch them play a bit (recently), he also has freedom to just roam the middle of the pitch, and sometimes he is in a strikers position.

Physically he looks capable, and his utility means he could be another Cancelo for us. I like it, different option from Zinchenko on the left, and also means we don't play Cancelo into the ground, he's playing alot lately.

Last edited:
I see people saying he is often a wing back or even left mid for Atalanta. Is he a guy that can also play inverted or does he not really have the skills for that? Seems like if we bought him we would have two perfect combinations with Zinchenko and Cancelo playing together and then Gosens and Walker.

Perhaps also the option of a back 3 of Laporte, Dias and Stones, with Gosens and Cancelo as wing backs. Sounds like he’d add a lot to the squad. Let’s hope we can shift Mendy out, even if it has to be on loan.

Why are people comparing him to Cancelo? From those videos he looks slower and less mobile than Cancelo for starters. And not as technical either.

And don't let goals and assist fool you. Telles had great production in a similar role. And he is bang average. But i certainly trust Pep and the club if they choose him.

He's definitely not the quickest but has all the traits we need for a wingback that suits. His physicality, experience and playing in a possession based system is what makes him a good target if true.

My preference would still be Lucas Digne, but if not he is a great fit.

Why are people comparing him to Cancelo? From those videos he looks slower and less mobile than Cancelo for starters. And not as technical either.

And don't let goals and assist fool you. Telles had great production in a similar role. And he is bang average. But i certainly trust Pep and the club if they choose him.
His goals and assists come from a lot of hard work if you watch Atalanta. He is very good at arriving in the box, and quite good aerially which is a rarity for a full back these days.

Telles numbers were clearly misleading as he was the lead penalty and set piece taker. Plus the league/system he played benefitted him. There was a reason he only cost about 12m or so after all.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.