Robin Gosens

Could he actually play in a back four? Seems to play as a wing back for Atalanta, wouldn’t want another Angelino..

He's definitely not the quickest but has all the traits we need for a wingback that suits. His physicality, experience and playing in a possession based system is what makes him a good target if true.

My preference would still be Lucas Digne, but if not he is a great fit.

I also like Digne a lot but he just signed a new deal, was announced maybe a couple of weeks ago so I can’t see him leaving.

Could he actually play in a back four? Seems to play as a wing back for Atalanta, wouldn’t want another Angelino..
Played there over 70 times between left back, right back and centre back according to transfermarkt.

Isn’t he a similar player to Zinchenko?
No, not really. Zin is a central player that's learned to defend at left back, Gosens is a wide player that's capable of coming infield. He's far more like Cancelo. The one thing the three of them have in common is that they didn't start out as full backs and hence have a broader skillset.

Cancelo was a wing back at Inter and Juventus. Also, Angeliño was never given enough of a chance IMO (compared to someone like Mendy or Zinchenko who got numerous chances).

Gosens seems both more physical and defensively sound than Angeliño, and better match intelligence.
He reminds me of a cross between Angeliño and Zabaleta (but as tall as Kolarov). He really is a well rounded player.
His game suits getting forward as a wing back but his skill set makes me believe he could flourish in a back 4.

At the price quoted it does seem like a steal for whoever gets him. No brainer for us, huge upgrade. I'm not convinced he's quite as good technically as Cancelo (who is?) but he's on another level from our other full backs in terms of passing, crossing, ball control, shooting etc.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.