Robin Gosens

Looks a great attacking left back in these two games. No idea how good he usually is.

Can't see it unless we are changing to 5 at the back with WBs.
Which I think we should start playing, we do it in a very unorthodox way by switching from a back 4 in defense to a back 3 in attack.

We aren't getting rid of Mendy, might as well make use of him as LWB more (which is how Pep plays him anyway) but Gosens would start.

Cancelo is also RWB, and we have Yan Couto and Pedro Porro on loan who are also perfect for it. Walker has transitioned to a wide CB anyways.

Let's our attackers play more inside, rather than hug the touch line which they all prefer, Zinchenko can also play defensive midfield as well.

I think with our squad and potential prospects it's the way to go since we already attack in a 343, might as well just defend as a 541, don't see the benefit of inverted fullbacks compared to this easier system.

Not for me. I prefer the way we play now with a 4-3-3. I don't think a traditional 5-3-2 would suit us, though Guardiola might come up with a unique twist on it. I'd still be surprised if we signed Gosens though.
I don't think we are getting him either, but think the squad is better setup this way.

Suits the false 9 better as well, if we don't buy a striker, to have 3 10s/wingers basically on the pitch.

We setup like this in attack quite often, so it's not really that different, but the defensive shape is easier imo. There is a reason the back 3 has shown to be a top defensive shape from Inter and Chelsea. We have even better players imo to do it.

I don't think we are getting him either, but think the squad is better setup this way.

Suits the false 9 better as well, if we don't buy a striker, to have 3 10s/wingers basically on the pitch.

We setup like this in attack quite often, so it's not really that different, but the defensive shape is easier imo. There is a reason the back 3 has shown to be a top defensive shape from Inter and Chelsea. We have even better players imo to do it.
With done pretty well defensively as we are. Not sure changing the system is on the cards and I hope not but who knows.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.