robin van persie (continued)

Drewmanc said:
Vidic will be partnered by jones/smalling most the season, fletcher won't 'be back' as you say ulcerative colitis is a horrible problem and comes and goes with no cure. De Gea isn't a good goalie at all, he doesnt come for crosses or command his area, decent shot stopper if it's straight at him.

I worry more about Chelsea than the rags.

I remember similar comments before the start of the last season.

Tricky Dickys Right Foot Shot said:
The cookie monster said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:
Worried about Chelsea after Sunday, they are still going backwards. Rather than a team that kept up with us all season and have strengthened
Must admit I thought Chelsea would be our main challengers,after the way we dismantled them on Sunday not sure now.
Def the rags have strengthened,new midfielder,vidic back & now van Persie.
You would have to be an idiot to say they are not a better side.

I believe all top 4 teams have the potential to cause upsets, the only problem with united is that they're to content with trying to beat us to the title then just win it at their own pace it causes them to be too cautious, for example last season when they won the odd game 1-0 it had nothing to do with their attacking ability it was the case of get a goal and hold on to that lead.

Really do not agree with that.

They really struggled for the mid part of the season and were playing some rubbish football and completely failing to break teams down. They managed to scrape 1-0 wins in games that they could have easily drawn or lost. It had nothing to do with getting 1-0 up and shutting the game down - quite the opposite in fact. They were often desperate to score, but incapable of doing so.

Had it not been for a few rabbits out of hats from them, we could have finished 6 or 8 points clear.

Drewmanc said:
Boyblue i take that bet with you pal, nothing crippling call it a £10? I say Chelsea will finish top 4.
Cannot believe everyone is writing Chelsea off after just on friendly against us! I think Chelsea will challenge.

Tricky Dickys Right Foot Shot said:
The cookie monster said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:
Worried about Chelsea after Sunday, they are still going backwards. Rather than a team that kept up with us all season and have strengthened
Must admit I thought Chelsea would be our main challengers,after the way we dismantled them on Sunday not sure now.
Def the rags have strengthened,new midfielder,vidic back & now van Persie.
You would have to be an idiot to say they are not a better side.

I believe all top 4 teams have the potential to cause upsets, the only problem with united is that they're to content with trying to beat us to the title then just win it at their own pace it causes them to be too cautious, for example last season when they won the odd game 1-0 it had nothing to do with their attacking ability it was the case of get a goal and hold on to that lead.

Then you had us who at 1-0 would be more focused on getting a second and third, last season we lost Carlos for the most crucial part of the season and still managed more goals with a new face Aguero an out of form dzeko and an unpredictable Mario.
Why is this? Yes all 3 are cable of 20 goals a season but our main threat was the midfield, with Silva,.Nasri and Yaya our attackers were able to feed of these players.

United have always been good on the wing especially with Valencia and in my honest opinion Nani but in the middle where you expect players to feed your strikers only Scholes is their main threat and he's 37 (38 in November), yes they have Kagawa but he's not been tested yet, he could be a good buy or he could be another.Anderson who I must remind everyone united paid £20M.

Uniteds main problem is their midfield, the defence despite Vidic being back 1 man alone can't defend a whole back 4, we have Kompany, Richards, Zabaleta, Clichy, Lescott who have all proved they can help each other out, can't say the same with Smalling, Jones and even Evra had fallen off the waggon.

Hart despite his poor distribution and handling of a ball still gives me confidence when in net, he's well organised, commands his area and gives his defenders the confidence that he is capable of handling situations. As for De Gea he doesn't seem well organised, gets caught in poor positions, doesn't command his area and doesn't give his defenders a great deal of confidence.

Van Persie wasn't the signing they needed, there for I'm no more worried about united then I was last season, my feeling in the current situation hasn't changed the slightest.

Chelsea, United and even Arsenal if they can hit the ground running are all potential contenders and big threats.

Agree with this 100%

malg said:
Drewmanc said:
Boyblue i take that bet with you pal, nothing crippling call it a £10? I say Chelsea will finish top 4.
Cannot believe everyone is writing Chelsea off after just on friendly against us! I think Chelsea will challenge.

Look at it another way, who finish above them to keep them out of the top 4?

Us? Yes
United? Yes
Spurs? No
Arsenal? Maybe
Liverpool? HAHHHAHAHAHHHAAHA
Newcastle? No

There's no way Chelsea are not finishing in the top 4. I think they will be 3rd. And I would not rule out 2nd or 1st.

Drewmanc said:
I said they will struggle, I think they will get top 4 but i will take a £10 bet utd finish higher than Chelsea

Back to the main topic, what are the odds against RVP picking up a serious injury during training? I am pretty confident that he won't play more than 20 games for the Rags in the Premier League this season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.