Robinho - Are some of you serious?

ASH-MCFC said:
I just thought I would make this thread as I am rather bemused as to how some of you can constantly criticise Robinho. So are you telling me you arsed if he does not defend? He is physically the smallest first team player, not someone like, well most of the squad who can knock a player off the ball or make a decent sliding tackle. He is a flair player who is there to create play and score goals. That’s why we are playing two defensive players in midfield to pick up the pieces as Robinho is not a player who has defending in his attributes. Every team needs a player of the calibre of Robinho to succeed. So ok, lets say we sell Robinho in the summer. Will some of you not miss him? Will you say 'I don't really care, he never tried to tackle or help out when we wasn't on the ball'? Or ’He wasn’t happy here and he is not bigger than the team’? I certainly wont. He is the player I look most forward to watching. What he does is pure magic and for some of you to call him is really unbelievable. Not only has he had a good season so far, he has made City well known all around the world, which will help us in our mission to become contenders for major silverware. Has he once said he doesn't want to be here? Has he said he does not like Hughes? Has he said anything at all to cause any concern? All he has ever done is back City up to the press and say time after time he is happy at here, and wants to stay and help us become the club we aim to be. Some of you will disagree, but to be honest, I don’t give a fuck. I’m not the one who needs there head seeing to.

Now, if you like, watch these videos and tell me you don’t love the lad. And just to let you know, there is no footage of him making last ditch tackles or sliding in to win the ball :)

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T19Vp7Y6Omw&feature=related" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T19Vp7Y6 ... re=related</a>

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wuZxVUqoTcg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wuZxVUqoTcg</a>

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FWxHa1GjoQ&feature=related" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FWxHa1G ... re=related</a>

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQGAEtYpqs4" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQGAEtYpqs4</a>

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gk0E_nbm6TI" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gk0E_nbm6TI</a> - This one has Messi and Tranny in, but its a good vid. For him to be up there with the likes of Messi and Ronaldo, it shows he is the perfect player for us to build on.
I agree. People don't know how lucky we are to have a world class playeer in the 1st season of the ADUG takeover. Methinks some people are taking him for granted sometimes.

mikeyboy said:
agree 100% with the original poster. robinho has never come out and said anything but positive things about city ever since he signed. he's never once said he wants a move away and has been quoted as saying he wants to stay here for many years.
thats what makes me laugh about the robinho/terry swap story. robinho says he's not leaving, terry says he's not leaving chelsea, so of course that must mean a swap deal is on! what a joke eh?

what really gets my goat with these sky/media pundits is how they say he only does it at home and with only scoring 2 goals away they seem to think this somehow proves this.so in effect has had a poor season apparently according to them.

here's something for the anti city/robinho brigade to think about.
torres came 2nd in the pfa player of the season last season and was roundly praised for quite rightly having a great season scoring 24 premiership goals.
you know how many of those were away from anfield? 3, that right 3! thats only 1 more than robinho has already scored this season away already.
so that must mean torres was in fact poor last season then eh?

no fucker mentioned this about torres last season on sky? just shows you how much the media have it in for city now. fuck em all thats what i say.

this is what im going on about.....the media have a very distinct agenda......they dont want robinho at city.....they will do verything to get him out......but torres is at one of the big 4 clubs, a club that is well known all over the world.....they can use torres in a liverpool shirt to brand the premiership.....it works for them....but robinho in a city shirt doesnt.....huge famous player.......but at a club that isnt at present as well known around the world........

the media (especially the rag press and sky) are utter scum and have a clear agenda....MH has alluded to this already and he is correct to do so......i wouldnt be too bothered if he went the same way as fergie and starts banning them and refusing to give interviews (maybe this explains the supposed appointment in the near future of Brian marwood....maybe he will eb an intermedary for club and the press)

zeusbheld said:
also those who don't know how to watch a football game need to pay attention to how the defense caves toward him, and by doubling or even tripling on him frees up our other players. he helps attack even when he doesn't touch the ball.
This.
It's a sad fact but most fans do not understand football at this level. The home tie against FCK was a perfect example of where Robby earns his wage......firstly, his reputation means that he will always have the attention of a least 1 defender and his desire to run at that defender for 90 mins is something that only a couple of players in the world are capable of.
Those constent runs were finally rewarded by getting round the back and teeing up CB. Chances that clean cut only come up once, maybe twice, per game at this level........and not every 5 mins as some "fans" seem to expect.
Remember, it isn't easy to score a goal or create a clear cut chance, that's why you don't see 7-5 scorelines each week.

simon23 said:
mikeyboy said:
agree 100% with the original poster. robinho has never come out and said anything but positive things about city ever since he signed. he's never once said he wants a move away and has been quoted as saying he wants to stay here for many years.
thats what makes me laugh about the robinho/terry swap story. robinho says he's not leaving, terry says he's not leaving chelsea, so of course that must mean a swap deal is on! what a joke eh?

what really gets my goat with these sky/media pundits is how they say he only does it at home and with only scoring 2 goals away they seem to think this somehow proves this.so in effect has had a poor season apparently according to them.

here's something for the anti city/robinho brigade to think about.
torres came 2nd in the pfa player of the season last season and was roundly praised for quite rightly having a great season scoring 24 premiership goals.
you know how many of those were away from anfield? 3, that right 3! thats only 1 more than robinho has already scored this season away already.
so that must mean torres was in fact poor last season then eh?

no fucker mentioned this about torres last season on sky? just shows you how much the media have it in for city now. fuck em all thats what i say.

this is what im going on about.....the media have a very distinct agenda......they dont want robinho at city.....they will do verything to get him out......but torres is at one of the big 4 clubs, a club that is well known all over the world.....they can use torres in a liverpool shirt to brand the premiership.....it works for them....but robinho in a city shirt doesnt.....huge famous player.......but at a club that isnt at present as well known around the world........

the media (especially the rag press and sky) are utter scum and have a clear agenda....MH has alluded to this already and he is correct to do so......i wouldnt be too bothered if he went the same way as fergie and starts banning them and refusing to give interviews (maybe this explains the supposed appointment in the near future of Brian marwood....maybe he will eb an intermedary for club and the press)

too right simon. another example is platini. in the summer he was quoted as saying ronaldo going to real madrid would be a good thing for football and he hoped it would happen. then when the kaka deal looked like it may happen for more or less the same money he was the one at the front of the anti city/english queue quoted as saying it would be a bad thing and the soul of football is dying etc bollocks etc...

first of all blue john, i dont like mark hughes but to suggest that i want the little chap out because of that is just stupid, i think he gets a lot of stick because idiots listen to the likes of alan green etc and then come on here repeating what they ve just heard, he was brought here as our first big name signing to attract others and do it on the pitch, he is our leading scorer so he must be doing something right, i wouldn t mind betting that hughes would like him to go but thats only my opinion and of course i might be wrong which i accept could be the case...no leave robinho alone i say

What are we watching football for?

Some of Robbie's stuff is worth the entrance fee alone. He is a class act that has proved he can cut it in England. He is unique in the premier league and on his day, and there have been plenty of them, is a match winner. This is his first season in England and he is trying to adapt in an embryonic side. Things have been further complicated by 'personal matters' which must affect his frame of mind - FFS it must have also put lots of pressure on his family. I also think his, understandable loyalty to his mate Elano won't help.
Without tempting fate, we seem to be improving and seem a lot more solid. I would like to see Robinho start in August with a full season under his belt, Elano's future resolved, MH's future resolved, a couple more class signings and his own head clear. With players like Bellamy, SWP, Ireland, Kompany, De Jong and Zabaleta working their bollocks off, surely there has to be room for one luxury/special player?! I'm not saying that Robbie shouldn't work hard (closing down and getting back when appropriate) but he's never gonna do crunching tackles.

I'd be gutted if he tore us apart next year in a Chelsea shirt!

blue John said:
I think it is all to do with the Leslie out people they do not want to see any thing good come out of city so if Robinho goes they think Les has gone as well

Nope!

I am not a Hughes fan by any stretch, but anyone who thinks Robbie should go is seriously deluded. Its 'championship' thinking.

And you are completely wrong if you think that the Hughes dislikers want things to go wrong at City. 98% of them would love him to turn it around and take on thge mantle of a manager who looks like he knows how to handle taking a team consisting of some of the worlds best players to the top of that world. But not many will be holding their breath on that.

Anyways, the OP is about Robbie................ and he MUST stay.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.