Robinho worried by transfer speculation

uwerosler28

Manchester City forward Robinho believes the constant rumours surrounding the club are proving to be detrimental to performances.

The Blues have been labelled the world's richest club following their takeover by the Abu Dhabi United Group.

This investment was supposed to signal City's emergence as a formidable force in world football, with the club set to step out of the shadows and into the limelight.

However, results on the field have been disappointing, with Mark Hughes' men slipping closer to the relegation battle than the push for Europe.

Record signing Robinho has been a rare plus point following his big-money move from Real Madrid, but a number of his team-mates have failed to match the South American's high standards.

The Brazilian superstar admits he is at a loss to explain why the club continue to struggle, but feels that speculation surrounding the future of certain players is hardly helping.

Reinforcements
"It is incredible that with this squad we have appeared to be fighting relegation," Robinho said in the Daily Mail.

"I must admit I don't really understand it and it has been the one question talked about more than any other in our dressing room.

"One theory I have is that the constant rumours about possible reinforcements in January have damaged us in some way.

"Some of my team-mates do perhaps fear for their future and that is not positive, I guess. But there is nothing we can do about that apart from try not to let it affect us."

Reaction
Robinho already has 12 goals to his name this term, with 11 of those coming in the Premier League, but the affable 24-year-old insists team success is more important to him than personal accolades.

"I believe I am offering somewhere near the level that I did at Madrid," he said.

"But I have to say that still I am not really happy with my performances. People have not seen the big Robinho yet. They have not seen the real Robinho.

"I want to be king of Manchester City. I said that when I left Real Madrid, but I don't think I have achieved it yet. People have mentioned that I could be the top scorer in the Premier League. That has never been my aim but I guess it is possible.

"My priority is to help City become a major force in England. If I can do that then I will be happy and the personal things can come after that. If I am scoring goals then I am happy.

"I have scored some beautiful goals and the reaction from the supporters has been fantastic. But I want to bring an even greater spectacle to English grounds and I promise I will score more great goals in the second half of the season."

Well they won't have long to wait or be worried - even though I would be surprised if it was more than 5 coming in and 2 going out - not including the loans already out and Danny Boy Mills.

At least he didn't mention Chelsea again! The speculation may have effected soem of the players but the fact remins anyone can look good at 2 nil up its when we're fighting for results where people go missing, the Blackburn game may be a turning point. I mean when was the last time we scored a late equaliser or winner! Its normally the other way round

Have to admit that when we signed him on deadline day i thought hed come take the money and sulk,couldnt have been further from the truth.

I really would be tempted to give him the captaincy in the summer,let Dunney concetrate on getting his game back up to the standard of previous years

Then maybe he should stop going out to the press saying we should sign Silva, Kaka and more?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.