Robinho

How difficult is it to understand the word "arguably"?
Given arrived for a lot of money, and seemed a good signing.. Overall he was a better keeper than Hart, but not at City.
However, my original point was in the context of Robinho being a poor signing., and in my opinion, Given offered City less.
Given was absolutely class for City, he really was.

That's right but my original point was in the context of Robinho, who in my opinion, offered City more than Given

For me Robinho was summed up when he came on as substitute at Goodison strolled around the pitch for a few minutes then taken off again. Don't think he ever wanted to be at City!

There is a fantastic article in the Athletic today about Robinho with lots of contributions from players at the club at the time and even a quote from @Gary James

One bit of Typical City was when the fax was sent to Real Madrid to confirm the transfer it was put through upside down so all Real got was a blank document. The main gist of it was how disruptive Robinho & his mate Elano were. One of the many incidents was when Hughes took the squad to Tenerife for warm weather training & Robinho decided to fly to Brazil for a friends birthday party. The problem was he didn’t tell the management what he was doing and none of his Brazilian clique would say either.

I think you can safely file him under Flawed Genius.
Genius? Really?

Personally I think he gets a pretty hard time overall for his time with us, I was watching a Youtube show that ranked him as the worst signing we have made since the take over. The facts are he was our top scorer(and I believe 3rd in the league)his one season with us and that in itself wasn't from the start of the season
Its interesting to compare him to Craig Bellamy who most people think of as more successful
Robinho 41 games 14 goals
Bellamy 40 games 12 goals
Bellamy signed for 14m left on a free. Robinho signed for 32m sold for 15m.
This isn't an attack on Bellamy, it just is an example that the truth is more complex. Its also worth pointing out that the signing of Robinho a player some of the best clubs in Europe wanted laid the groundwork for other established players to follow.

He was our best player for a season, think people go too strongly with their opinions either way, some say he was brilliant, some shite.

I think he was pretty good but ultimately could and should have done more.

Bellamy overtook him as our best player not long afterwards.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.