Robinho

Personally I think he gets a pretty hard time overall for his time with us, I was watching a Youtube show that ranked him as the worst signing we have made since the take over. The facts are he was our top scorer(and I believe 3rd in the league)his one season with us and that in itself wasn't from the start of the season
Its interesting to compare him to Craig Bellamy who most people think of as more successful
Robinho 41 games 14 goals
Bellamy 40 games 12 goals
Bellamy signed for 14m left on a free. Robinho signed for 32m sold for 15m.
This isn't an attack on Bellamy, it just is an example that the truth is more complex. Its also worth pointing out that the signing of Robinho a player some of the best clubs in Europe wanted laid the groundwork for other established players to follow.
I’ve never thought of Robinho as one of our worst signings due to the aforementioned ground work he paid for other high profile players to join.

But considering he was a British transfer record, 15 goals in 53 apps and inconsistent performances was simply not good enough. Bellamy on the other hand cost less than half that of Robinho and added a lot more outside of goals than Robinho.
Not to mention Bellamy had more of a penchant for turning up in important games, where Robinho would go missing.

As an aside, Berbatov who we also wanted on that same deadline day, and who had a very successful spell at United, would also have got no where near a Pep team.

I’ve never thought of Robinho as one of our worst signings due to the aforementioned ground work he paid for other high profile players to join.

But considering he was a British transfer record, 15 goals in 53 apps and inconsistent performances was simply not good enough. Bellamy on the other hand cost less than half that of Robinho and added a lot more outside of goals than Robinho.
Not to mention Bellamy had more of a penchant for turning up in important games, where Robinho would go missing.
As I said with my first comment, it wasn't an attack on Bellamy. I was just using him as an example of how perception is often coloured by outside sources. In terms of the fee, I thought I explained that away we lost 17m on Robinho and 14m on Bellamy to me that's pretty much a wash

In 2004 me and two friends went to Brazil. A few days into the trip I saw on TV, Robinho’s Mum had been kidnapped. In a bar in Botafogo, we asked a local about the kidnapping. The guy told us not to ask about mafia business. The day before their cup final, Robinho’s Mum was seen on a balcony with her son. Santos has paid the ransom.

These machinations are rarely discussed in the context of footballers but it’s pretty obvious; Robinho was a pawn in the capitalist system and; will have played a huge part in the unfulfilled talent and promise of a young professional footballer.

Personally I think he gets a pretty hard time overall for his time with us, I was watching a Youtube show that ranked him as the worst signing we have made since the take over. The facts are he was our top scorer(and I believe 3rd in the league)his one season with us and that in itself wasn't from the start of the season
Its interesting to compare him to Craig Bellamy who most people think of as more successful
Robinho 41 games 14 goals
Bellamy 40 games 12 goals
Bellamy signed for 14m left on a free. Robinho signed for 32m sold for 15m.
This isn't an attack on Bellamy, it just is an example that the truth is more complex. Its also worth pointing out that the signing of Robinho a player some of the best clubs in Europe wanted laid the groundwork for other established players to follow.
Bellamy was 10 times the player.attracting top players i'll give you

Bellamy was 10 times the player.attracting top players i'll give you
Again I will say this AGAIN... this isn't an attack on Bellamy, its simply showing that one player is considered a total bust and the other isn't and yet goals per game they are about the same and the overall cost was about the same. AGAIN I'm not suggesting Bellamy was a bust I'm simply showing that Robinho wasn't, what is interesting is to ask why this is the case.

Again I will say this AGAIN... this isn't an attack on Bellamy, its simply showing that one player is considered a total bust and the other isn't and yet goals per game they are about the same and the overall cost was about the same. AGAIN I'm not suggesting Bellamy was a bust I'm simply showing that Robinho wasn't, what is interesting is to ask why this is the case.

I wish you would stop having a go at Bellamy !

:-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.