Robot hoover: yes or no?

Whilst he did a great marketing job, no one has a Hoover anymore. It’s just been accepted as an alternative word.

Vacuum cleaner is a crap name for them anyway.
Yeah too long winded.
Here they're known as Vacs.
"I'll vac that up"

That kind of thing.

It's interesting hearing the word Hoover being as, as you say not many people have Hoovers anymore.

Hoovering is an interesting word. I mean years ago you wouldn't describe going for a drive as Fording.

Yeah too long winded.
Here they're known as Vacs.
"I'll vac that up"

That kind of thing.

It's interesting hearing the word Hoover being as, as you say not many people have Hoovers anymore.

Hoovering is an interesting word. I mean years ago you wouldn't describe going for a drive as Fording.
Etymology is fascinating to me. It’s so random at times. I've never heard vaccing up (neither has spellcheck!) as a term.

There’s a gap in the lingual market here. None of them sound great to me.

It's funny how people in England call vacuums Hoovers, or describing vacuuming as hoovering.
Mr Hoover did a damn fine marketing job.

Like them Mericans that laugh at me when I say hoover then they'll use Kleenex and Band Aid for tissues and plasters....odd bunch.

We got a robot hoover with an Alexa voice. One morning she said she wasn’t going to hoover as she was poorly so I took her to the doctors and left her there. When I rang for an update the doctor said she was picking up nicely.

I’m here all week.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.