Rochdale Hornets Promotion

Corky

Beat the unbeaten table toppers Toulouse away to win promotion in the first part of the play-offs, after having poor form versus any play-off rival (bar Doncaster) in the super 8s and losing 46-6 in the same fixture 4 weeks ago.

Toulouse had been 16-0 up and Rochdale ran out 24-22 winners to move up to the Championship. Toulouse now play York at home with Barrow v Doncaster the other semi for the second promotion spot.

Rochdale will join local rivals Oldham and Swinton again, along with Bradford Bulls and most likely the loser of a Huddersfiled v Salford relegation play-off, but no Toronto trip to play next year's new addition to the third tier.

Been a good few weeks for north west rugby league with Leigh getting into super league, Swinton and Oldham staying up in a very difficult league and Rochdale getting promoted.

Been a good few weeks for north west rugby league with Leigh getting into super league, Swinton and Oldham staying up in a very difficult league and Rochdale getting promoted.

Good for Lancashire as a whole but not Cumbria or Salford, but never mind :)

Ruined rugby with all these playoffs, turned into a lottery.

The Championship used to be decided by play-offs decades before they reintroduced them, and it it far better than a franchise no relegation system.

Good for Lancashire as a whole but not Cumbria or Salford, but never mind :)

The Championship used to be decided by play-offs decades before they reintroduced them, and it it far better than a franchise no relegation system.
Don't know mate, I used to watch the floodlit trophy on bbc2 when they would shoe the second half only and have always enjoyed it on tv. Sky did/do a great job of coverage but, since dumping Sky about 2 years ago I've not seen any and all I see now is lots of mini leagues......not a clue what's happening but it's probably my fault for not being that bothered to find out.

Just think it looks overly complicated now.

It'll be good for Oldham & Rochdale to play I know a few Oldham fans who despise Rochdale.

Well done Rochdale, I'm a leigh fan based in North Wales now for 13 years and supporting leigh has been exactly the same as supporting city pre takeover. Ups and downs, constant heartache and let downs haha but I wouldn't have it any other way although my ticker wouldn't agree. After doing the rags last week leigh played straight after to get promotion at last! In typical cliffhanger style, and I'm not ashamed to admit a tear rolled down my face. I have heard sky maybe showing championship games next season on Thursday nights, hope so. Very well done hornets hope all goes well.

My Dad used to take me to see the Hornets at the old Athletic Grounds when I was a kid. Also saw speedway and stock car racing there

Ive followed Hornets for years now and this is an incredible achievement. They not only have one of the lowest budgets in the league but they have beat a full time in their own back yard. Apparently the RFL didn't even have Rochdale's colours to put on the trophy as they thought there was no was Toulouse would lose. Looking forward to having derby day on good Friday again next year!!

Great result and will be nice to have them joining Swinton and Oldham next year. I expect the French will still come up.

Does potentially put Swinton at a disadvantage come the Summer Bash where Rochdale will surely play Oldham leaving Swinton with a tougher game. Maybe something like this:

London v Toulouse, Bradford v Relegated SL, Swinton v Sheffield, Oldham v Rochdale, Halifax v Fev, Dewsbury v Batley

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.