Rochdale Votes......

BingoBango said:
Blue Mist said:
And this is why we must NEVER have proportional representation, It is all very well the Liberals banging on about it, coming 3rd every election they are bound to BUT these extremist parties, BNP, Islamist etc etc will get enough votes to ensure they get seats in Parliment and from their spout their hatred.

Not if there's a threshold like in most countries which use a mixed FPTP/PR system, such as Germany. It means that a party needs to get a certain percentage of the overall vote - usually 5% - to stop all the tiny parties coming in and ensure that government is workable. It also keeps out the fringe maniacs who will never gain enough votes to get in.

Cheers for that Bingo I am now better informed and grateful for it as that has always been my fear. Maybe it is time for change then but as you can see politics is not my strong point.

i'm going to add to my previous post.

as much as rochdale is a shithole (not all of it, the spring inn pub and surounding area's are lovely) i can understand people voting in someone as severely right wing as the NF.

asian drug dealers run the area. they run prostitution rings of young white girls. this is all going on and is common knowledge.

fuck knows why no-one is doing anything about it. the people are voting with their feet, i don't blame them.

still ugly bastards though.

Blue Mist said:
BingoBango said:
Not if there's a threshold like in most countries which use a mixed FPTP/PR system, such as Germany. It means that a party needs to get a certain percentage of the overall vote - usually 5% - to stop all the tiny parties coming in and ensure that government is workable. It also keeps out the fringe maniacs who will never gain enough votes to get in.

Cheers for that Bingo I am now better informed and grateful for it as that has always been my fear. Maybe it is time for change then but as you can see politics is not my strong point.

No bother at all BM, I've just been doing a bit of reading to gen up on it myself. The German system appears to be pretty good - and it's not done them any harm.

aphex said:
rochdale is full of twats.

i've known that for 33 years. the ugliest town in the UK

Lol, it's not the prettiest of places, but got some redeeming qualities....great town hall.....Healey Dell....Transport Club has good gigs on...and bit we live in is ok too, Success To The Plough is a great pub....as is Spring Inn you mentioned.

Could be worse....could be Oldham....now thats a shithole.....

Gaudino said:
aphex said:
rochdale is full of twats.

i've known that for 33 years. the ugliest town in the UK

Lol, it's not the prettiest of places, but got some redeeming qualities....great town hall.....Healey Dell....Transport Club has good gigs on...and bit we live in is ok too, Success To The Plough is a great pub....as is Spring Inn you mentioned.

Could be worse....could be Oldham....now thats a shithole.....
Quality, let's start a biggest shithole thread, or just keep it going on here. Actaully don't know where I'd vote for, as I've not been to any of those above. Did have a night out in Cardiff once, and that's a scary place!

As for the NF, I didn't know they still existed. Any extremist party will get votes. Happily, one poster above has mentioned why they wouldn't get representation if we went PR, so happily it's still a wasted vote.

Re: Rochdale Vote National Front.....

Blue Smarties said:
"The NF welcomes ALL White patriots to this site"

I stopped reading.
Forgive my ignorance but the BNP had to change their membership rules recently i.e allow non-british/non-whites to join or stop being a legal political party didn't they?
How have this lot managed to wrangle their way out of doing so.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.