Rodney,Dzeko and Bob

robbieh

When Dzeko signed for us there were comparisons made with Rodney Marsh's arrival in the 70s.

We all hoped he'd be the final piece of the jigsaw. And he is a talented player no doubt and in the future will be a star for us.

However the games against Villa and Birmingham, both of which on another day we would have won, showed that it is a bit of a gamble introducing a new player mid season into a team that is already playing well.

We do seem to play better with one out and out striker. When Tevez was out against West Ham, Mario took up the central role. With the likes of Silva, Yaya and previously AJ providing plenty of ammunition.

It is not always a case that more strikers makes a team more offensive.

So although it must be tempting for Mancini to play his 24 million pound man I think he did the right thing in dropping him yesterday and I give him credit for doing so.

For me he should just play from the bench for a while in Prem games and start cup games until he's settled in properly and got up to speed with the Englsh game. It worked for Silva!

It wont hurt Dzeko to come on here and there to start with and he clearly still isnt fit after his lay off. Maybe its a case of him coming on and getting the summer done and moving on from there

danburge82 said:
For me he should just play from the bench for a while in Prem games and start cup games until he's settled in properly and got up to speed with the Englsh game. It worked for Silva!

I quite agree, I think Roberto thinks that

Ducado said:
danburge82 said:

I quite agree, I think Roberto thinks that

I do think Bob made a bit of an error though in putting Dzeko straight into the starting line-up once he was available, now he will feel more that he has been dropped rather than just being introduced slowly.

If we continue to play like we did yesterday and continue to win, why would you bother putting him in at all?

I believe the saying goes if it isn't broke, don't fix it.

It was different with Silva, we were always desperately lacking creativity in the midfield, the place was always there for him, he just needed time to make the adjustment.

I dont think the comparison with Marsh is accurate. Marsh came into a very balanced unit very close to the end of the season and upset that balance. We just didnt need another striker in an era of limited substitutions.

We clearly do need a player of Dzeko's type. The problem has been trying to settle him into the PL particularly when he's just had a winter break. He's having the same problems that Silva had at the start of the season. There are still plenty of games before the end of the season, especially if we stay in the cups so there's plenty of time for Dzeko to find his feet and make a big contribution.

What do people want ?

He has been here 2 minutes scored 1 created 1. He has just come off an 8 week break playing in a different team in a different league in a different country.

The problem with many fans is they play computers games where things happen overnight. Rooney has scored 2 in about 6 months and only now are people starting to get on his back but we City fans who are so used to so much success slag off our players over 3 games grow uo and give the lad some time

chesterguy said:
What do people want ?

The problem with many fans is they play computers games where things happen overnight. Rooney has scored 2 in about 6 months and only now are people starting to get on his back but we City fans who are so used to so much success slag off our players over 3 games grow uo and give the lad some time
It's mazing, isn't it? Dzeko is Samaras, Kolarov and Boateng pure shite, Hart Out, Mancini sacked, Yaya lazy bastard, Kolo old, Milner & Barry not level of PL, Tevez GOD.

chesterguy said:
What do people want ?

He has been here 2 minutes scored 1 created 1. He has just come off an 8 week break playing in a different team in a different league in a different country.

This about sums it up.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.