Rodney,Dzeko and Bob

chesterguy said:
What do people want ?

He has been here 2 minutes scored 1 created 1. He has just come off an 8 week break playing in a different team in a different league in a different country.

The problem with many fans is they play computers games where things happen overnight. Rooney has scored 2 in about 6 months and only now are people starting to get on his back but we City fans who are so used to so much success slag off our players over 3 games grow uo and give the lad some time

I think people are getting slagged off here when the majority are being supportive of him, saying to give him time, and criticising the system as its clear it doesn't work with tevez and dzeko both in. That is the position I see most when reading Dzeko related threads, and that is not an anti-Dzeko position at all.

CTID Chris said:
chesterguy said:
What do people want ?

He has been here 2 minutes scored 1 created 1. He has just come off an 8 week break playing in a different team in a different league in a different country.

The problem with many fans is they play computers games where things happen overnight. Rooney has scored 2 in about 6 months and only now are people starting to get on his back but we City fans who are so used to so much success slag off our players over 3 games grow uo and give the lad some time

I think people are getting slagged off here when the majority are being supportive of him, saying to give him time, and criticising the system as its clear it doesn't work with tevez and dzeko both in. That is the position I see most when reading Dzeko related threads, and that is not an anti-Dzeko position at all.

There are a few that didn't want him in in the first place, so the use every chance they've got in this short period to piss on the lad...but he'll come good...even he himself said that he couldn't believe he was thrown straight into the mix...maybe that was not the way to go...Tevez just needs time to learn to play off him, and he needs time to get used to defenders pushing, and kicking the shite out of him and to start hitting back and bagging them in...

Calm down, nobody's slagging the lad off! Just a sensible conversation regarding the finer points of team selection.

It's a good discussion too. I remember Keegan making what many deemed to be the fatal mistake of forcing Faustino Asprilla into an already finely tuned Newcastle machine in '95. Asprilla, like Dzeko, was one of the best strikers in Europe.

Bunk said:
Calm down, nobody's slagging the lad off! Just a sensible conversation regarding the finer points of team selection.

It's a good discussion too. I remember Keegan making what many deemed to be the fatal mistake of forcing Faustino Asprilla into an already finely tuned Newcastle machine in '95. Asprilla, like Dzeko, was one of the best strikers in Europe.

Deffo...but different person, different personality, maybe Dzeko likes a slow introduction...I know that in his first season for Wolfsburg (the complete season) he's been mostly coming off the bench...even though I'm sure Bob will start without him again at the swamp, I hope he gets a go at United again, he scored twice against them already...and I think that striker of his type is one Utd hate the most...

Dzeko had similar problem when joining the Wolksburg.
Problem was with Graffite Brazilian attacker who was known as good striker in the team and could not accept new guy's arrival. Later on everything worked out well. WHY?
Difference is in coach, German one had a word with Graffite and worn him about "team play"...I m afraid that is not the case here.

Dzeko is a good player the problem with cityis we rely on our full backs for the width and generally we play through the middle with sevice from silva.dzeko will never run away from defenders like tevez does so for me he needs wingers or good service from wide to see the best of him.I think it may be next season when we get the best out of him when mancini finishes getting the team and squad he wants.i think mancini realises this and we may see dzeko play in cup games and maybe eufa cup.

My thoughts are that clearly Dzeko and Tevez do not fit in together just yet. I do not think it's the system as it is Tevez being comfortable as the lone striker and the difference in style of play and selfishness.

Dzeko has proven in Wolfsburg and Bosnia that he can play with another striker. I really liked what i saw when Tevez was substituted and Dzeko played as the central striker with SWP as RW. It really picked up pace and he got some good looks and was unfortunate he didn't score. But I'm very optimistic that he will settle in and be deadly in those situations. I guess in the meantime he'll have to accept that Tevez will get the starts and he may be asked to play on the wings when that is the case which will not do him any favors personally.

If Tevez was able to play a Messi like role with Dzeko in the middle, it would be a good combination, however this will never happen due to his ego.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.