#16 | Rodri - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfairly compared to Fern, isn't the same type of player.
No one comes close to Fern & what he has done/still does

Despite seemingly having brilliant passing and defensive stats, Rodri is still labelled as not a good enough passer or defender by many.

I understand being in two minds about stats, but at some point you have to acknowledge Rodri is doing something right.

So everytime a goalie catches the ball (from a cross or shot) its a recovery?

Yeah, which is why the top 10 is all goalkeepers except Rodri. It's also picking up loose balls (hence why it's a different stat to interceptions), so everytime there's an overplayed through ball that goes to the keeper...that's a recovery.

Despite seemingly having brilliant passing and defensive stats, Rodri is still labelled as not a good enough passer or defender by many.

I understand being in two minds about stats, but at some point you have to acknowledge Rodri is doing something right.
Not hard to pass it backwards or sideways 4 yards.
Bit like the chicken crossing the road. If the road is only 4 yards wide he'll likely make it everytime. On the other hand if it's 30 or 40 yards wide? that's what separates the wheat from the chaff.
He's an ok player, A bit below the level we should have there.

Not hard to pass it backwards or sideways 4 yards.
Bit like the chicken crossing the road. If the road is only 4 yards wide he'll likely make it everytime. On the other hand if it's 30 or 40 yards wide? that's what separates the wheat from the chaff.
He's an ok player, A bit below the level we should have there.
Same old "backwards or sideways" cliches when every stat. shows otherwise and every game he plays proves that perception to be wrong. If you want to separate the wheat from the chaff try watching without the bias.

He's a big unit with the turning circle of an oil tanker but you will not win trophies without a physical presence in midfield , he will never be near Dinho's level and not many will , but Rodri does a job for Pep and allows the likes of KDB , Gundo, Foden to play. A classic water carrier type of player who will never get the credit of the creative players will recieve , but he's been a big part of our unbeaten run and played virtually every game.
He does get crtiticism , me included , because his first thought is always a sideways or reverse pass just occasionally it would be nice to see him drive the team forward like Dinho does , if he added this to his game he would be world class.

Same old "backwards or sideways" cliches

An instant giveaway that the person has absolutely no fucking idea what they're talking about.

I can't remember what that weirdo's name is who always used to be on here talking down David Silva. "Sideways passing" was his default criticism.

I used to watch matches with a bloke who used to scream at players if they didn't sprint or pass up the pitch. Just couldn't wrap his head around why anyone wouldn't instantly make a beeline to the opponent's goal. Turns out that he only watched us so that he could vent on weekends and lost interest entirely once we got decent.

An instant giveaway that the person has absolutely no fucking idea what they're talking about.

I can't remember what that weirdo's name is who always used to be on here talking down David Silva. "Sideways passing" was his default criticism.

I used to watch matches with a bloke who used to scream at players if they didn't sprint or pass up the pitch. Just couldn't wrap his head around why anyone wouldn't instantly make a beeline to the opponent's goal. Turns out that he only watched us so that he could vent on weekends and lost interest entirely once we got decent.
With a little bit of experience, you can usually tell that by the username.

That sounds a bit like the posters who watch 95 mins of a game and then rush on here to report that Rodri passed once into touch and failed to make a tackle, which could have cost us the game. No mention of any positive things he might have done in the other 94.50 minutes, no balanced viewpoint.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.