#16 | Rodri - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't really notice him much tonight, which in my books means he must of played well. The less you notice the player in his position the better.
Like your way of thinking, barely mentioned in commentary , always doing hid job.

Under the radar tonight worked his socks off and gave Dortmund nothing , he's a water carrier type of player but essential in our formation , 7/10 every game he plays.
I heard some stat at HT about bellingham covered the most area in the first half (not surprising he was everywhere) with 6.4km but second was rodri with 6.19km. Not far off and bellingham was blowing out of his arse. Shows how he goes about his business under the Radar.

city as a team struggled to defend the space in front of their defense against dortmund, they were pretty good at bypassing the first line of pressure and playing balls there. I fully expect pep to play a double pivot against psg because of their inverted wingers + neymar
I was thinking the same to be honest. Hopefully it doesn't hurt our attack too much if he does do this. I don't like us doing it usually but you can see the logic for PSG

Didn't really notice him much tonight, which in my books means he must of played well. The less you notice the player in his position the better.
Personally I’m still not convinced......but your right ... and let’s be honest most of us took about 2 years to understand what a great player Fern is for the very reason you stated.

I heard some stat at HT about bellingham covered the most area in the first half (not surprising he was everywhere) with 6.4km but second was rodri with 6.19km. Not far off and bellingham was blowing out of his arse. Shows how he goes about his business under the Radar.
Definitely. One running round like a pumped up headless chicken while the other glided through the game. Bellingham was subbed coz he was gassed out with 10 minutes left.

Don't get me wrong the kid played great over 2 games but there was a lack of discipline in him that gets overlooked by pundits because he was shouting and running alot.

Him playing higher up in the first half wasn't a good idea. It gave Dortmund acres of space in front of our defence.

Not even sure if he dropped deeper in the second or if it was just the awful decision by them to move Can into a back three.

Anyway, on an individual level, I thought he was decent. He gives us something nobody else does.

Him playing higher up in the first half wasn't a good idea. It gave Dortmund acres of space in front of our defence.

Not even sure if he dropped deeper in the second or if it was just the awful decision by them to move Can into a back three.

Anyway, on an individual level, I thought he was decent. He gives us something nobody else does.

I don't think Dortmund ever had acres of space in front of the defence - they only had 1 real chance and it came from a long ball from the CBs didn't it?

I don't think Dortmund ever had acres of space in front of the defence - they only had 1 real chance and it came from a long ball from the CBs didn't it?

They didn't do a lot with it (other than the goal) but the space was there. Dahoud got a few shots off with room around him and there was a reason Stones was exasperated about halfway through.

I'll have to watch it back tonight but I really think they could have pushed on with exploiting that but they went too conservative in the second half.

They didn't do a lot with it (other than the goal) but the space was there. Dahoud got a few shots off with room around him and there was a reason Stones was exasperated about halfway through.

I'll have to watch it back tonight but I really think they could have pushed on with exploiting that but they went too conservative in the second half.

When you watch it back you'll be amazed at how short the period where Dortmund are in the game is. It's only about 7 or 8 minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.