#16 | Rodri - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
When he plays well we play well. Everything goes through him. We struggle when he gets overrun, like he did first 20 mins vs. Dortmund away. Bellingham (hes only 17 you know) swarmed him early on (as Candlepool have done in the past) Once Dortmund tired and couldnt get near him he ran the show.
I really dont know why more teams dont try and do that instead of setting up camp in their penalty box. Surely theres no excuse for other teams not to be fit enough. (less quality perhaps but not less fit)

Seem to remember Pep saying about Busquets is that you never notice him when hes playing well, and Rodders is similar. I think hes brilliant.

When he plays well we play well. Everything goes through him. We struggle when he gets overrun, like he did first 20 mins vs. Dortmund away. Bellingham (hes only 17 you know) swarmed him early on (as Candlepool have done in the past) Once Dortmund tired and couldnt get near him he ran the show.
I really dont know why more teams dont try and do that instead of setting up camp in their penalty box. Surely theres no excuse for other teams not to be fit enough. (less quality perhaps but not less fit)

Seem to remember Pep saying about Busquets is that you never notice him when hes playing well, and Rodders is similar. I think hes brilliant.
I agree with most of your comment but I think if you look back at the games where he "gets overrun" or "swamped" it is usually by 2 or even 3 players pressing him. Because we have such quality players around him that tactic may be effective for part of a game but is risky for opponents because it frees up space for our flair players. Your last sentence is very apt, if you listen to the game commentaries. Unless he makes a mistake they only mention him about 10% of the times he touches the ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.