#16 | Rodri - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
His major contribution to the success of our season really becomes obvious when he is absent.
He didn’t deserve to play last night though. Those errors against Brighton and Chelsea were schoolboy. Pep must have watched that and thought he can’t play against these again because they will be all over him like a rash. That left Fern as the choice but he is 36! It’s really not an ideal situation. Fern would have been a booking waiting to happen in that game last night. I think that’s why he changed it and it didn’t work. I think it’s an area we need to strengthen even if that means not renewing Ferns contract.

He didn’t deserve to play last night though. Those errors against Brighton and Chelsea were schoolboy. Pep must have watched that and thought he can’t play against these again because they will be all over him like a rash. That left Fern as the choice but he is 36! It’s really not an ideal situation. Fern would have been a booking waiting to happen in that game last night. I think that’s why he changed it and it didn’t work. I think it’s an area we need to strengthen even if that means not renewing Ferns contract.
Totally agree, good player but has these errors in his game especially when targeted by the opposition

Neither Rodri nor Foden had good first halves of the season.

Rodri struggled up to Christmas. He was much better in our winning run but he wasn’t good in the first half of the season, he was one of the players I was most disappointed with.

Foden had a poor start to the season. He was bobbins against Leicester Leeds Porto WestBrom… he was in and out of the side, couldn’t get a rhythm going. He then became a different player from Christmas onwards.

Gundogan was our best player in the first half of the season.

Rodri wasn’t picked last night because he’s too slow.
He wasn't picked coz Pep is a tinkerer who sometimes outhinks himself.

As far was watching the presser before the game I kept praying, oh Pep don't try to trick anyone. Mano e Mano, let the Best team win. Rodri or Fernandihno. There were no other acceptable answers. :(
Mistakes notwithstanding. He should have played him or play the aging legend. Everything we won and every game we've won, included one of them. To play neither was a deep unwarranted insult to the DMs...

And for what? An out of form winger? This is the kinda decision I'd leave the club over it I were one of Dihno or Rodri.

We could very well have lost with both or either in there. Nothing is guaranteed. But having neither made it significantly more likely :(

He is decent - not champions league winner material. That’s why he didn’t play!
We had none of the balance and control we had from Jan. to April because he or Ferna didn't play. We were a man short in defence, Stones' Dias', Zinchenko's, Gundogan's passing options and performances dropped considerably, because so much of the play at our best went through Rodri or Ferna when he played. We had no link. We lacked his heading ability in defence and attack. Instead of playing from a solid defensive foundation like we did most of the season, we looked like we were playing in quicksand. It was like putting the Mona Lisa on display with the eyes painted over or a jigsaw puzzle with a central piece missing. By your standards all Chelsea players are "champions league winner material" , they have medals to prove it, but the players that beat Chelsea by 19 points over 38 games are not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.