#16 | Rodri - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
People seem to forget that we bought Dihno when he was 28. He was a well established pro who knew his position. Rodders is still learning and for me, is a class act already. I expect big things in the future.

People seem to forget that we bought Dihno when he was 28. He was a well established pro who knew his position. Rodders is still learning and for me, is a class act already. I expect big things in the future.
We are very lucky to have a player like Rodri to build our midfield around for years to come. We just have to stop setting him up to fail

People are expecting a ferny clone but don't realize how special he was in his prime its very hard to find a player with that work rate, pace, good in the air and great at passing. I don't think we could find that player even we tried we wouldn't get all of those attributes. Best thing to do is make sure that gundy and rodri never play together if we can help it unless its against a very slow side. We should try and pair berny with one of them when possible.

Pep did similar with Martinez at Bayern.

Playing someone else to do part of his job when thus far he hasn’t shown he’s good enough to play in our team would be compounding the problem.

Rodri is a big problem for this team.

And the apparent solution is either Gundogan or Fernandinho. Not worked out well thus far.

The problem is that if you play another DM next to him that will be at the expense of our attack.

Our best 3 midfield combination were Fernandinho, Silva & KDB

1 Defensive & 2 Creative attacking midfielders

The problem is that if you play another DM next to him that will be at the expense of our attack.

Our best 3 midfield combination were Fernandinho, Silva & KDB

1 Defensive & 2 Creative attacking midfielders
We played with a 4 man midfield diamond or 5 man midfield (depending upon if u consider walker to be wide CB or a inside side back) - silva,debruyne,delph,ferna and walker.
This is a big problem when comparing diff. player who played in a diff team shape.Defending wise the problem is not pace but how much space rodri has to defend as compared to fernandihno.

It’ll be interesting to see how him and Partey compare this season. All the noises around Partey are the same as what we had with Rodri when we signed him last season.

It’ll be interesting to see how him and Partey compare this season. All the noises around Partey are the same as what we had with Rodri when we signed him last season.

Only noise I heard concerning Rodri was the Busquets comparison. They are not similar in the slightest. Not sure Rodri is at that point he can take Busquet’s place in the Spanish national team.

Nonetheless, it’ll be good to see how they both get on this season despite being Partey’s first season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.