#16 | Rodri - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another boring half for him. He really doesn't want the ball in tight spaces, or even not so tight spaces, and tends to just point to defenders (who he should be showing for) to pass to other defenders. Play never seems to progress through him at all

I've not seen much on Partey but agree it will be interesting to see how they compare. Same with Allan from Everton (I think - not seen enough of him either)

We played with a 4 man midfield diamond or 5 man midfield (depending upon if u consider walker to be wide CB or a inside side back) - silva,debruyne,delph,ferna and walker.
This is a big problem when comparing diff. player who played in a diff team shape.Defending wise the problem is not pace but how much space rodri has to defend as compared to fernandihno.
No matter the number in midfield, the balance between defensive and creative is crucial. Only the great midfielders are both grade A defensive and creative. I agree that space not pace is the key. Some posters expect Rodri to have the best qualities of Silva, Ferna and Kevin all packed into one body. How great it would be to have that player.

Another boring half for him. He really doesn't want the ball in tight spaces, or even not so tight spaces, and tends to just point to defenders (who he should be showing for) to pass to other defenders. Play never seems to progress through him at all

I've not seen much on Partey but agree it will be interesting to see how they compare. Same with Allan from Everton (I think - not seen enough of him either)

I noticed Portugal applied the most concerted pressure on Rodri whenever he was on the ball, especially in that 2nd half - was that down to trying to limit his influence or target him for succumbing to pressure, unclear

So are you saying he is not David Silva or Fernadinho? I only like to comment on players I see play live. I only saw Rodri play twice for us and on both occasions he came across as a solid if unspectacular player. I am far from certain he will progress to the heights we require at City but given that he has not reached his peak and is still bedding in I am prepared to give him at least this season to make an impression.

Only noise I heard concerning Rodri was the Busquets comparison. They are not similar in the slightest. Not sure Rodri is at that point he can take Busquet’s place in the Spanish national team.

Nonetheless, it’ll be good to see how they both get on this season despite being Partey’s first season.
I’m not comparing their style of play but they are both CDM’s so I’m curious to see what we get for our £20m extra above what Arsenal paid. I’m sure our Spanish scouts know what they’re doing as he must have been on our radar 12 months ago when we signed Rodri.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.