#16 | Rodri - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another good performance but I was worried in the first ten minutes where he was crowded out and lost the ball a couple of times. He sorted it out and he and Gundo played well, once more. KDB concerns me more; he lost it a lot but also showed only sporadic desire to win it back.

Not his best game,but he contributed like everyone did.

I still dont think playing him and Gundogan is a great idea,its one or the other.

He was good in the second half when Gundogan sat deeper to hold his hand. Tragically shit in the first half when he had to sit on his own.

The fact that he constantly needs his hand held by a midfield partner is what holds us back going forward.
Midfielder in 'needs another midfielder' shocker!

Midfielder in 'needs another midfielder' shocker!
Feel like we expect Rodri to play the role of 2 midfielders at once ! We also underestimate the amount of 2nd balls we have been winning thanks to his aerial ability in midfield. Remember 2 years ago every 2nd ball or even long ball would be a panic moment for the team. Issue is he needs a prime Yaya Toure like player with him and we don't have that obviously.

Very poor first half and was obviously targeted by Southampton for the press.
however, I thought he was very good second half and his ball retention and choice of pass was important.

a conundrum for sure.

He can pass for sure. Needs legs around him.

He can head, tackle and make interceptions too. He just lacks recovery pace when he’s caught the wrong side of the ball, which is a very visible and obvious downside that seems to overshadow a lot of the good work he does

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.