#16 | Rodri - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, the difference between Rodri (1.) and No 2. (Bissouma) is bigger than that between No 2. and No. 10 (Kante).

Basically, Rodri is in a league of his own when it comes to winning possession in midfield and in the final 3rd. Combined with his outstanding passing stats, he's been arguably the best DM in the league this season.

That's why stats may be useful, they go sometimes completely against your preconceptions of what a given player is good at. If we judged Rodri on what some on here write about him, we'd think he was very average at winning possession and couldn't pass the ball forward to save his life. Turns out he isn't half as bad as he is often being portrayed.
No no no no.... These stats lie all the time... My eyes and memory on the other hand? Incontrovertible. :)

Also think about the opportunities to win the ball back for each player.

Brighton are out of possession about 50% of the time, City are out of possession about 37% of the time. Bissouma has about 30% more opportunities to win the ball back.
But but but he is as slow as a cargo ship turning on a frozen lake.... Why are these stats trying to refute my wishes?

Not fair!!!

Much better, and the ball to Mahrez for Sterlings goal was a beauty. A relief to see him looking much more useful of late. Much bigger games ahead but looking a lot more promising now

But but but he is as slow as a cargo ship turning on a frozen lake.... Why are these stats trying to refute my wishes?

Not fair!!!
He over hit a through ball in the 82nd minute, I kept notes, we must not praise him for the other 97 minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.